Manual please!

Can we please have a proper reference manual in pdf or online format please. Or at least online manual manual since your search if fucked up. Is effing unbelievable that your software is ridiculously 21GB in size and it does not include a manual.

Some examples:
Try to find specs of “shuttlespeed”, or “curve tool”. “Curve tool” is refereed in Key commands → tool. ShuttleSpeed is refereed in generic remote setup. Transport->device–>shuttleSpeed. Not to be found in the manuals. :angry: :cry:

Hi,

www.steinberg.help

Did you even read the message?

I guess that you have readied the manual in the same way as the message.

I do not understand what you are talking about…
perhaps you should post in your native language - then we might be able to understand you better… =)

Some examples:
Try to find specs of “shuttlespeed”, or “curve tool”. “Curve tool” is refereed in Key commands → tool. ShuttleSpeed is refereed in generic remote setup. Transport->device–>shuttleSpeed. Not to be found in the manuals. :angry: :cry:

ah, ok… you are concerned that there are some entries missing from the manual…

You are correct with your find…

I’m afraid I can’t help you with that one then…

It was quite obvious from the first post that he had read the manual and done searches. Some really unhelpful comments on here. Cubase manuals used to have everything in but now they are lacking in detail. The video section is atrocious.

It is not obvious. The only unhelpful comment here is the the one you made… and some of the ops comments… -very rude…

but whatever… if you feel like you need to swoop in like a knight in shiny armor- for all the wrong reasons- then do what you feel you must do…

I am retracting myself from this thread now…

Tnx

ok, one last one for you two trolls…

good you know that word… now if only you could adjust your character and use it to thank people who are trying to help you instead of only using it to be a wise -ass

both of you are on my naughty list now…

over and out.

So what was the question ?
The online manual lacking ?
The pdf manual not included ?

Sorry I’m confused now.

Stuff missing from the manual- and not using the same vocabulary in the program and in the docs. A fair complaint, obscured by OP’s angry tone.

There was no real question…

It have to be complete and correct to have the users trust. (In reality it will have bugs, but they should be fixed promptly)

Crikey some touchy people on here! I’ve been a cubase user since the 80s and the forum since it first started and have never been on a naughty list. Still I will carry on in the real world unaffected by this strange world of angry forum members. It’s a forum and Cubase. Not life and death lol.

I used to write software manuals for a living. Devs sometimes alter/add things at the last minute that makes the manual look incomplete. That is how development goes. Deadlines have to be kept for releases and the manual (like any piece of work) is open to improvement.

I seriously doubt that any manual for any piece of software is 100% complete.

Happy Christmas.

It depend on the company. On a previous work we put the documentation on source tree with the implementation. So always keept in in sync no matter what how we branched or released different versions. However this is a bit complicated for people used to work with office tools like MSWord and the document was written for engineers not for consumers. But the documentation was reviewed and accepted with the code change. But it’s not very common, most company’s dont see code and documentation as one unit and often outsource the documentation to someone that at best can run the code not totally unrelated to the release. So this gives 100% coverage, and we can define the documentation as correct. If behaviour and documentation is different it is the code that does it wrong. :smiley: