Manual Staff Visability dialog opening problem

That’s very peculiar. Can you detect any common factors for when it appears and when it doesn’t? Perhaps it depends on what other software you’re running at the same time?

Could be, but I still haven’t managed to reproduce the bug at will (now I can see the dialog fine). I rarely use any other software concurrently with Dorico, other than Firefox.

I was thinking it had something to do with the fact that I use a laptop but I plug in a second screen when I work from home. It seems it’s not that, though.

Will keep investigating.

Hi Daniel,

I’ve managed to reproduce the bug at will. Well, at least for a short time. As I said, I suspected it had to do with me connecting my laptop to a second screen sometimes.

Today, when I was using the second screen, the dialogs showed up normal. As soon as I unplugged the HDMI cable, they stopped showing up when clicking the button. I went back and forth 3 times and observed consistent results.

However, I then opened the instrument filter dialog, moved everything from the extra screen to the laptop screen, and then unplugged the latter while the dialog was open, and it didn’t disappear. I’ve opened and closed Dorico without the extra screen and it seems everything will be working fine today.

I tried to do this exact thing some weeks ago and I couldn’t, even though I associated the dialog not showing up with not having used the extra screen for a while. It seems the computer “knows” how to fix this sometimes, but it forgets the solution every 24 hours or something similar.

Very odd. Thanks for sharing these observations, which I will pass on to my colleague James when he returns from his holiday next week.

1 Like