Many thanks regards multi track advise.

Having used the vst connect se for the first time a few weeks back I made the decision too purchase the Pro version. Was half price and although the added features didn’t really warrant the expense I made the choice to support Steinberg and it’s further development.

Whilst the product is fab alas Steinberg support lacks a little.

Had some fab set up advise from “d” who very kindly guided me thru using Connect. And yesterday I did my first multitrack recording.

There’s not much tutorials available but I came across this wonderful piece of advise from a chap called Karel.

It’s really easy and I’ll be using the multitrack feature more so in the future.

I assume that you know how to set everything up and that you know how to record a single track.

1. The automatically created track “Performer rec”. stores all played music together, as a sort of master track
  2. When you go (in the pro plugin) to setup → manager you click on “get HD files” the Performer rec event is replaced by its HD version and you still don’t have your multitrack!
  3. Suppose you want to record 4 separate mics at the same time so in the end you want 4 separate tracks.
    a. In the pro plugin go to the mixer panel
    b. Be sure there are enough faders and on top. Assign each fader to one of the microphones
    c. And now the trick: click next to the fx button to create a little red light [4 times) so now the 4 mics are record ready
    d. Do your recording and execute item 2 (get hd files) result: Performer rec is replaced as above, but now the program creates 4 new tracks: Perf Ch 0 to Perf Ch 3 and each track contains the HD recording of one the mics.

Steinberg desperately need to update the documentation :slight_smile:

And, if there aren’t enough ‘faders’ there…? How to add…? Via the VST Connections dialog…? Or have I got that completely wrong…? :blush: :open_mouth: :wink: :confused: :laughing:

Nice additional info though… thanks for posting.

In the settings ( cog) window. Click on the mixer. Just to the right there’s a plus button. Click and add as many extra channels you have other then the ones showing. Just make sure that the new channels you’ve added input ( above the pan icon ) matches the input of the performers interface.

obviously only works with a VST connect PRO licence

Got it… thanks :wink:

Bob