Markers behaviour [solved]

Hi everyone! I have been a happy owner of Dorico (3.5.12.1066) for a year or so. I use it mainly for composing and aurally transcribing film scores for my own personal enjoynment. I haven’t even really begun with Engraving mode yet. Mostly galley work so far.

Today I was revisiting my old transcription and wanted to attach a video (well, a black screen with audio) to it for comparison. In the clip there was a short pause before the audio starts so I set “Video Start Offset” to 00:00:00:08 and the framerate to match with the video file.

I added some markers and noticed that when moving one of them with Alt + arrows the timecode changes (as well as the position in relation to music which is the expected behaviour if I understood correctly). When changing the offset back to 00:00:00:00 the selected marker box moves without any effect in its timecode. I have understood that marker timecode should always be fixed in relation to the video.

I recreated this by opening two identical empty projects (4/4, some empty bars, tempo marking) with one having Video Star Offset as 00:00:00:08 and the other one with default 00:00:00:00. Again, moving any markers in the former project results in timecode changes (in steps of :08 in this case) but with the latter project the timecodes stay the same.

Am I missing something fundamental here and perhaps prepared the video attachment incorrectly?

This is a bug in the current version, I’m sorry to say. It will be fixed in the forthcoming major new version when it arrives. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

1 Like

Thank you for replying! Looking forward to it. Until then the only inconvenience is to cut that extra silence from the video file which is quick and easy to do.