Markers Bug in WaveLab 11

Driving me crazy…
When I’m trying to balance the Volume levels of the clips in a montage, On each Clip, I set a basic marker just before the 1st verse starts. I then Bind the markers to each clip.
This allows me to move from the 1st verse in each song, to the 1st verse in the next song and I can go right down the line and get all of the Songs balanced by referencing their vocal levels.
The Bug is that if I need to adjust the Clip’s level, I adjust the Pre-Gain in the Menu Bar’s ‘CLIPS’ tab.
After I do that, I place the locator on my Marker and press play, the locator always jumps to the start of that Clip. The only fix I’ve found is to Select all the markers for that clip and re-bind them.
Please fix this.
If I’m making incremental level adjustments, I have to do this many times.
It’s REALLY annoying.
Thank you.

I can’t reproduce this problem.

How?

How do you start playback?

What are your settings there?

|

PG1
December 22

|

• | - |

I can’t reproduce this problem.

Thank you for responding…

rchaisse:

I place the locator on my Marker.

How?

I had previously pressed the Insert key to create my marker. After which I Bind the markers to the clip

After I play a bit of the song, I go up and adjust my pre-gain level

Then I come back and press Shift ( because I’m past the marker point

rchaisse:

and press play

How do you start playback?

I press the spacebar

What are your settings there?

Looks just like yours

I don’t get this. What do you mean more precisely?

Must be something in the translation…

I didn’t say Star- shift, I said shift-left parentheses.

Rick

Rick Chaisse Services

Scotts Valley, Ca.

831-438-2331

Remember… when in doubt, Back Off !!

I see now… I should have placed a bigger space between the ‘(’ and the ‘because’.
Sorry.

The ( shortcut (maybe you have to press Shift on your keyboard), is to move the cursor to the previous marker. And a clip edge is considered as a mark(er) in this context.
I guess that when you press ’ your editor cursor is precisely on the marker, or a bit on the left, in which case the cursor moves to the clip edge.
Try to put the cursor anywhere on the right side of the marker, then press (, then start playback to start precisely from the marker.

This is happening no matter what I do.
Again, The only fix I’ve found is to Select all the markers for that clip and re-bind them.
This is a BUG.
I know there are other people complaining about marker retention.
I hope that my explanation will help the engineers focus in on the problem here.
I know if I modify my clip outside of WaveLab that I will have to re-bind, however, I should not lose my bindings just because I adjust the pre-gain of the Clip.

I can’t reproduce any problem. I assume you are using the latest WaveLab, which is 11.1.20.

There are 3 types of bindings (you did not say which one you use). I tried the 3. I then edit the pre-gain. In all cases, the bindings are preserved.

Maybe an explicit video would help. Without a way to reproduce the problem, I won’t be able to take your report into account.

Ok. So, after researching 3 types of bindings, the default setting for Ctrl-Shift-B is Bind to audio samples.
That’s what I have been using.
So, instead, I selected Bind to Start of active clip.
This resolved the problem.
Thank you for that.
I do wonder why the default of Audio Samples doesn’t work.
I assume if I adjust the front of the clip now, I’ll have to relocate all of the Markers.
Probably not much of a task if I can move them all at once, but still…

Still Having the same problem.
Here’s a video [Wavelab Playback Bug - YouTube]
FYI: I use the spacebar to start ‘Play’.
Hope this helps…

Hi, if you reload the montage or re-starting Wavelab 11, does this issue still occurs?
Thanks and cheers
Kay

It happens if I re-load or re-start.

Also, it happens on other montages, as well.

I DID discover something, though.

When I make the pre-gain change, I hit enter to establish the change and to allow me to return to the lower work area.

The error always occurs.

If I click on the lower work area instead, it does NOT occur.

Thanks for your help & Happy New Year to you!

We will investigate that issue.
cheers
Kay

Thank you…

Rick

Rick Chaisse Services

Scotts Valley, Ca.

831-438-2331

Remember… when in doubt, Back Off !!