Massive problems with latest cubase 11 update

ive been using cubase 11 pretty much ok up until this newest update and since then tons off issues.
1)cubase wont remember my audio settings …so each time i start cubase i have to set up my control room each time…ive saved templates with it all set up but no matter which one i choose its the same its not loading .
2)its crashing pretty much on every session …it will ok up until i try and use fx sends in my group channels then it will give error then hang.
3)very very slow at loading up media bay.
4)will not close down as normal it will always need too be closed by task manager.

any ideas how to fix this?

Hi,

Are you on Mac or Windows, please?

1. It sounds like Cubase is crashing (silently) when you quit it, therefore it doesn’t save the settings. Could you please share a *.crash/dmp file, if you can find any?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

This explains bullet nr. 1. Please, share the crash/dmp file. Btw, make sure, all your plug-ins are up to date, please.

This explains bullet nr. 1.

Share the crash/dmp file(s), please.

1 Like

Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2022.1.25 21.20.53.645.dmp (1.4 MB)
sorry for late reply ive not had chance too get online past few days…many thanks for replying heres my dump file hope you can help.

im on windows 10 version 20h2 os build 19042.1466
processor–Intel(R) Core™ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz

thanks

Hi,

The crash is related to the graphics. What graphic card do you use, please? Make sure, the graphic card driver is up to date, please.

hi my graphic card is a AMD RADEON R5 200 SERIES…its on the newest version update it can handel (15.301.1901.0) it does try and update automatically but i think it doesnt install them because its pretty old.
i dont play games on my pc or watch movies so ive never updated my graphics card in years .
so is the problem its crashing due too cubase or is it because of a plugin ?is the problem due too it not being able to be rendered ?

Hi,

It’s crashing in Cubase in graphic area. Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

IS there anything i can do too fix it?my graphics card is upto date ive just double checked theres no update for it.

It will might be unrelated, but I read on another post in this forum that a fellow user had a lot of pops and crackles and huge playback problems, and had to go to his card, go to settings and set to ‘Best Performance’, that sorted his problem.

Give it a try, you never know.

thanks ill go check my card

my card had reverted back too balanced …id not checked it for ages i had it set up by scan and they had it on optimal high performance when i bought my pc years ago…ive never bothered checking it for years i found a old forum page i started on here and that was 5 years old about this same problem…that too was due too my graphics card.
when my card updates or my pc it must revert it back too balanced ill keep an eye on it and see if this helps matters :slight_smile:

Hey brilliant, I hope this solves the issue : )

PS, in particular, check the 3D section of the card, again, set it to optimal high performance.

quick update…its pretty much worse now :frowning:
if i render any plugin to audio my disc load meter goes to max and start getting drop outs and pauses in playback.

ive gone into my cubase studio setup and in my advanced options i have—
active multi --on
active asio gaurd–on
asio guard level-- normal
activate steinberg power–on
disc preload–2 seconds
adjust for revord latency --off

im using a uad apollo twin usb its on 256 buffer /usb safe guard on

I think this should be set to ‘high’ buddy.

Hi,

You can also try to disable the ASIO Guard. Some Instruments/plug-ins work better when the ASIO Guard is disabled.

thanks ill give it a try…its weird though these problems have only happened with the newest cubase 11 update …i never had this level off trouble with the last version …is there a link i can grab the previous version so if things still dont work i can see if thats better thanks

Hi,

Cubase 11 installers.

just ran latencymon and checked my mother board firmware bios…its got a update but i dont know how to update bios on motherboard …can anyone help?

hi martin ive grabbed the older installers do you recommend i uninstall the newest version before installing the older version?

Hi,

If you are on Windows, you can just uninstall the update. If you are on Mac, you have to uninstall and install it again.

do you mean roll back?