Massive signal chain problems

Does anyone know why when I have a long signal chain a random plugin will mute all of the audio? I have 4 or 5 projects where I need to replace the plugin and move the settings back to what they were. When I open the project the next day it seems to move on to another plugin. What is going on???

Hi,

I have seen this kind of issue here on the forum multiple times already. But so far no one link the issue with the “long signal chain”, what is interesting. So far, it looks like random appearance of the issue.

Could you please attach a screenshot of your routing?

It is most likely not the routing. It is most likely the stress of a advanced signal chain putting pressure on one my CPU cores, causing a bug in Cubase. The reason why you may not recognize the advanced signal chain problem is because most people do not have an AMD 5950x and are probably straining their processor with much smaller chains.

This problem is NEVER encountered in small or simple projects.

And now you may be curious which plugins I have to unmute to play my track? I have Acustica audio plugins, high CPU reverbs, oversampling in my synths.

But I have to unmute Steinbergs tube compressor in order to play it. Sometimes Gullfoss, however. Sometimes the Acustica plugs.

When you stress Cubase, it sucks, plain and simple. Otherwise its the best DAW out there.

I have made some interesting progress. It seems disabling multithreading and ASIO guard and then enabling it again fixes the problem.

Hi,

What happens, if you increase the Buffer Size of your Audio Device, please?

OK…it’s at the maximum. Random plugins just mute the entire audio for a track, at random. You mute the plugin, the track plays again. Sometimes the plugin will glitch out the L and R panning and boost either side.

Steinberg is working on Cubase 12 while power users cant get any work done on Cubase 12.

If it helps this was never a problem until I updated the patch for cubase over 6 months ago.

“I have made some interesting progress. It seems disabling multithreading and ASIO guard and then enabling it again fixes the problem.”

Spoke too soon. It doesn’t, it just sometimes does. There seems to be quite a bit of confusion in the software. Steinberg should just buy Reaper and integrate what they do into the new Cubase.

Hi,

What happens, if you increase the Buffer Size of your Audio Device, please?

It is at maximum buffer.

Usually different plugins on the same heavy chain seem to do this. It is never outside of the signal chain.

Hi,

How does the System Performance Meter look like? Is it overloaded?

No, it is not even close to overloaded.