Master Meter Peak hold?

Hi,
Coming up from Wavelab 6 to 9. In 6 The master section meters would hold peak until you clicked on them. I can’t find this option in 9. The meters reset at the start of every play which is useless when I am doing final QC over entire program and need to know what the highest peak is in that montage. Anyone offer help in locating where to change this setting?
Thank you.

Another question would be taking a selection in the montage, drag it out of the montage so it pops open the original wave so you can process just that selection without having to hunt for it in the original wave. IS this option still available?

For your second queston, you have to double click on the clip in the montage (with the mouse showing the file symbol).

Hello, Anyone have a way to get an overall peak meter reading over an entire montage? Seems Wavelab lost this function since WL6. Used to be the peak would hold on the master meters until you clicked them. Anyone?

Hello, Anyone have a way to get an overall peak meter reading over an entire montage? Seems Wavelab lost this function since WL6. Used to be the peak would hold on the master meters until you clicked them. Anyone?

Try using Process / Meta Normalizer and tick ‘Test Only’ in the dialogue. Tick Master Section Output only and set it to ‘Do Not Change Loudness’ and set Limit Digital peaks to 0dB, for example. You’ll then get a log window containing the loudest digital peak in the montage at the master section outputs.
See:

Thank you for the option, but I really need to have this while monitoring down an audio montage (or wav for that matter), and have the freedom to reset the peak level meter as I choose/need. I am surprised this option would be taken out of the program - it is critical for mastering.

AFAIK not possible.

“AFAIK” ← ???

It means “as far as i know”…

Maybe PG will consider this as an option… who knows…

It seems to have changed between Wavelab 7 and Wavelab 8, but I don’t know why.

Unless there’s a setting to change this (which I can’t find), and only one way or the other is possible in the program, I would agree with draudio2u that the old way was better. At least you had the choice to manually reset it with “reset peaks”. In the new way you have no choice other than always reset when starting play (that I can find).