maximize windows for all new audio/midi editor windows

hi=)

is there anyway to set up cubase so that all new audio or midi editor windows that are opened are maximized?

thing is, every time i open a new window, it’s halfway off my notebook screen…

thx for any pointers=)

edit: p.s. - i only have those window size issues when the main arranger window was not maximized when opening an editor window.

really? a bump? lol…

no one knows?

In the past the project window did not open “maximized” so was often lost if the program itself was “minimized”.

Maybe further work can be done in this area so +1

You can make a workspace. The problem is that some of the windows don’t have a “maximize” state, but are Direct child MID windows. So, they come to the front and the other windows go to there minimize state. But, you can make a Workspace to get them back to full.

On a second note. Once you drag a window back into the main area, it should always open in that area. If that isn’t the case, you have a profile problem, or you are using multiple monitors sometimes.

hey gang=)

thx for your replies…

i am currently on laptop with one screen… - also, i dont mind the project window going small… sure, could be better… main thing is that when the project window is smaller all new midi/audio events that i double click need another double click so i can actually edit them properly…

greets at all=)

There should be a “deck” mode like with using mobile internet pages perhaps for these types of windows notwithstanding AOT for plugins and other so-called MDI interfaces.

The main work around other than work spaces (which is the solution I prefer), is to never maximize any window. Just drag it to be full size. Then it won’t resize when other windows open.

again, that the arrangement window re-sizes is absolutely no issue for me… perhaps for others and i hope that they will get their work flow improver…

the only thing that bugs me is that when the arranger window is in a minimized state, all newly opened audio/midi/mediabay windows do not open nicely… they are always halfway off the screen. to work with them i have to maximize them.

• once i have maximized any event once before, the window retains its maximized state. - all newly opened event windows have to be adjusted before they can be properly edited.

hope this clarifies the situation a little=)

thx for all=))

Then you go on to complain about a behavior of the window re-sizes problem.

the only thing that bugs me is that when the arranger window is in a minimized state, all newly opened audio/midi/mediabay windows do not open nicely… they are always halfway off the screen.

No, you need to drag them over to the main window and SIZE them without maximizing. Once done, you don’t have to do it again. If you DO. Then you have corrupted preferences that can be fixed by several methods. None of which are fun.

to work with them i have to maximize them.

As soon as you do, any other window will go to its minimized state, which leads you back to the windowing problem you started with. Because as soon as you open another window, the previous window will go back to its minimized state…off the screen. The only way to fix it is to move the the minimized window.

• once i have maximized any event once before, the window retains its maximized state. - all newly opened event windows have to be adjusted before they can be properly edited.

I think you mean that they retain maximized state until you open a window, like VST Instrument rack, that don’t have a maximize state and it throws all the other windows to their minimal state.

there’s room for improvement :stuck_out_tongue:

thx again to all helping souls =)

Are you wanting all windows such as editors, pool & medi bay to open maximized by default and simply select them from the Window Menu, ie without needing the “workspaces” workaround?

It is kind of a pain. My biggest challenge is that (especially in the midi editor) unless the window is maximized,
I can’t:

• vertical scroll with the mouse wheel
    get a horizontal scroll bar
    see and edit the controller / vst expression data at the bottom

…same with you guys?

The important part is that to fix your problem of some of your windows default floating size, you need to drag those windows to where you want them while they are in that state. Once you do that, they should always open to the size and position you drag them (other than maximized). If they don’t, then you have a corrupted profile.

good morning gang=)

mdorren: right on the money. perfect description… its a workflow thing…

brains: yes, but, i select them by double clicking on an event. I want to work on it and close it. i dont need to open others while one is open… just one… open, close, happy=)

jmcecil: doesn’t seem corrupt… and yes, if i change a windows state, it will remain so. but, all new editor windows have to be adjusted… all i want to do is go into an editor and work it without having to adjust the window everytime for everything…

thx and lots of love @ all =))

Well count me in to support your request, but add that data should be located automatically regardless of where the project cursor is and which editor you are using, provided of course that autoscrolling is off or suspended.

@brains: yes, also very cool suggestion…!! =)

In the old forum, SunTower was talking about the left corner menus of the project and other windows and I think the determination was that there was conflicting functions (assigned key commands) that “should” be left for the OS to decide.

I’m not a developer so I can’t tell you, but maybe someone who has VST5 could say.

Cheers

Sizing windows to maximum works allright, but you still lose a bit of workspace because you’ll now have the windows ‘windowed’ bars around your screens which is just a waste of space.

I would be happy if all screenfilling windows like the arranger, the piano roll etc would just always open fullscreen. I don’t need to see them at the same time anyway.

And 1 more thing: why can’t I get the track settings windows to ‘always on top’? Everytime I want to add an insert/send or use the EQ I have to pop up that window which instantly un-maximises all other windows which is a PITA.

It’s kind of like a society/government in bad need of reform, the citizens keep begging in all kinds of ways but are the powers that be listening?