I am new to Cubase, and considering it as the basis of my new DAW (MacBook Pro 8,2, 2.2 Ghz i7, 8GB Ram, SSD).
I think the Elements version will be all I need to start with, but to be sure I need to find out the maximum number of VSTis I can use in a project. The track count for Elements seems to be:
- 48 Audio tracks (okay)
- 64 Midi tracks (okay)
- 16 Instrument tracks (I assume this means 16 simultaneous VSTis, but only for midi channel 1 - i.e. 1 sound. Not so good)
- 8 VSTis in the rack (I make this potentially 8 x 16 channels - a maximum of 128 addressable midi channels, of which I can address 64 with the midi tracks - very good).
Some things are not clear though:
- Can I use the Instrument tracks AND the Instrument rack - that would make it 24 maximum VSTis?
- Can Midi tracks address different channels on VSTis in the rack - the website only talks about external midi?
- Can I use the Instrument tracks AND the Midi tracks - a total of 80 simultaneous midi channels?
- Are the audio tracks in addition to the audio outputs of the VSTis?
Hope this makes sense. Many thanks in advance.