Mbox 2 not showing

I purchased just an hour ago Cubase Elements 8.

My Mbox2 is not showing up in my Device Setup under VST Audio System. (photo attached below)
Interestingly enough i see it show up for the Midi port setup area. (photo attached below)

The mbox 2 is successfully working as an interface with other programs like Adobe Audition and I have installed the stand alone driver via Avid just to be sure (found here: CoreAudio Driver 8.0.3 for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard & 10.5 Leopard)

I am running on an iMac 27" OSX 10.11.3 (El Capitan).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Do you have the latest Cubase 8.0.30 installed, please?

Btw: Could be the Avid driver is not Mac OS X 10.11 compatible. There is Mac OS X 10.6 mentioned only, not higher.

Hi Martin!

I have Cubase Elements 8.0.35 Build 564 (64bit)

I have installed several of the drivers offered on this link (Mbox 2 Drivers) to no avail.

I had the mbox2 working with Adobe audition - but after trying all these above plugins one after the other I believe I probably messed up something. To the point that in my system preferences on my mac it doesn’t show the mbox2 even connected anymore and also Adobe Audition shows the mbox2 as not connected anymore.

Hi,

If you cannot see the Mbox connected even on the system level, try to uninstall the driver and install the latest Kne again, please.

Adobe Audition is nit using ASIO and VST technologies, same as almost all applications on Mac. The se using build-in Core-Audio technology. So it could be, the other software (somehow) works, but the translation to the ASIO world doesn’t work properly because of old, unsupported driver.

I’m not saying this is the case. It’s just for clarification.

So appaerntly the latest drivers for mbox2 will not work with osx 10.11 (el capitan) but will work with 10.10 (yosemite). I’m installing Yosemite on a partition and that should get mbox2 alive again on the system level. Then we shall see if Cubase will see it. Right now, since i’m on 10.11 - nothing seems to be seeing it.