MDW DRC2 Parameter Dialog hidden?

I’ve recently moved to WL12 (Windows) for mastering after 15 years with Sequoia and the previous 5 with SADiE - I knew it would be a slow learn, but even after just a few weeks the switch it’s worth it.

Just a couple of oddities: the main one is that in plugins like Massenburg Design DRC2 there is a hidden ‘Parameters Dialogue’ which allows adjustment of parameters not available from the normal GUI. The most important for me is the ‘Channel Steering’ = channel linking:
Screenshot 2024-03-05 174829
This was made visible in Sequoia by clicking an option in the plug-in title bar or Shift F6. I cannot find a way of opening that menu in WL12 (and it seems that Shift F6 invokes playback from the beginning of the montage). Is there a way? It’s an important parameter in a lot of my work.

The second issue is that Transport keyboard shortcuts don’t seem to work as they should. I have a standard Windows keyboard: ‘Enter’ does not start playback (spacebar does) and a few other oddities. I haven’t changed any settings.

Many thanks, Eric

Yes. In the WaveLab preferences, toggle this check box for the plugins for which you want the generic interface.

What should work is “Enter” in the numeric pad, no?
Other than that, I recommend F6 (play range), F7 (play from anchor) and F8 (play until anchor).

1 Like

Many thanks for the very quick response - that suggestion for the plug-in works nicely for this case.

It seems I need to get a new keyboard - my current model has no numeric pad (and other issues). About time.

Thanks again, Eric

There’s no need to change keyboards.
You can simply change the shortcuts to the ones you prefer.

File > Preferences > Shortcuts > Transport

You can choose any key to any function.

Thanks for the advice Paulo - I’ll make some new shortcuts, but it’s also a good excuse to get a new keyboard: this one is long past its use-by date …