Media Bay - and the alphabet [FR]

Hi guys and gals,

Ok, Mediabay. It’s great(ish) but:

It cannot/does not display with intelligence, alphabetically ordered items. Whereas the Finder (in OSX) for example, does.

Take this list:
1M1.wav
1M2.wav
1M10.wav
1M11.wav

This (above) is the intelligent, and wanted, order that the Finder will list them in. Mediabay, however, harks back to earlier computing generations by listing it thus:

1M1.wav
1M10.wav
1M11.wav
1M2.wav

As you can see, 1M2 comes after 1M10. Duh.This is inconvenient, especially with a large folder. Now as we have all gotten used to not bothering with zeros anymore (eg by naming things 1m01.wav etc etc) it is therefore suddenly surprising to once again have to “think” about a list in these terms. (Please don’t post an explanation of why media bay does this - its obvious).

Please SB, make Mediabay more intelligent. While you’re at it, think about upper and lower case too. Heck, see if you can make it MORE sophisticated than Apple’s Finder… there’s a challenge.

Thanks

I don’t know what the developers have with leading 0’s, but I have been complaining about this since N2.
I’ve seen this problem in pretty much each and every area where numbers are used.

Fredo

Oh, we can live in hope…

Thanks for your reply.

B