Memory leak and crash when window is spread over two screens

I’m using Dorico 4.3.11 on a new computer, an ASUS Zenbook Pro 14 Duo. Its signature feature is its two screens — both are fully-functional monitors with touch and stylus input. I’d like to use the bottom screen for the lower zone so I can use the piano and piano roll panels with my fingers and stylus, and so that I can view more of the score simultaneously, like so:

I can spread the window over both screens and adjust the lower zone’s height to match the height of the bottom screen. This initially worked very well. However, as I used it, Dorico kept crashing on me. I opened Task Manager, and I found that Dorico was consuming a ton of memory at the time of crash:

When I reopened the score, I noticed the memory usage increased dramatically when the window was spread across both screens and I scrolled the slightest amount (like an additional gigabyte per second of scrolling, regardless of distance). After I resized it to one screen, the memory usage went back to normal, and scrolling didn’t affect it at all.

I’ll limit myself to using Dorico on one screen for now, but I just wanted to bring this to your attention!

Thanks for reporting this. We don’t have any devices like this to test on, but we do of course test for memory leaks as a matter of course, and there aren’t any significant ones that we are aware of in Dorico. In general extending a Dorico window onto a second display doesn’t cause a problem, so there must be something specific about this kind of device that triggers the problem, whatever it is. I wonder, is the display density of the lower display the same as the main display?

Thanks for the response! The upper display is 2880x1800 (same as a Retina display), and the lower display is 2880x864. Both displays are set to 125% scaling. I can play around with those settings to see if that helps!

It seems I run into this issue sometimes even when the display isn’t spread over both screens. Here’s a diagnostic report, if it helps: Dorico Diagnostics.zip - Google Drive

It seems that setting Dorico to use the dedicated graphics card (NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti) instead of the integrated one (Intel Iris Xe) resolves the issue.

Not all variants of this laptop come with two cards, so I’m glad I got this one!