Merging two or more players

Hello! I have a quartet of players for a project flow. One of the players is a percussionist who will play 4 different instruments : 3 unpitched and 1 marimba (pitched). I believe i can merge the unpitched instruments into a single kit, but not sure how to merge the marimba aspect of this player as well. I noticed this when I wanted to print each players part separately. How can I merge these four percussionist instrument players into one in the simplest way?
I’d be grateful for your help!
Cheers, Ash

Select the player’s layout (setup mode, right panel) and tick the different players (left panel) you want to show.
Or the more “correct” way: drag the instruments from the different players into the real player (this is all in the left panel) and deal with the instruments change (they’re automatically handled by Dorico)

1 Like

Thanks alot Marc! This does the trick. Cheers,A

2 Likes

Hiya – this is a variation on the original question.

When I import music .xml to create tune packs, even though I always suggest that the imported .xml merge with existing players, I always end up with multiple (usually) piano players, and then multiple layouts (one for each piano player). In other words, I have never experienced any actual merging of players or adding the new music to existing players.

I have learned how to put all of the pianists into a group, but it would be much simpler if I could just combine all of those players into one player.

Any suggestions?

The problem is caused by the xml file failing to specify the Piano as a grand staff instrument, so you end up with 2 single staff pianos. The solution is simple, but slightly tedious.

1. (In Setup) Add your existing Piano to the newly created flow (select the Piano player and tick the new flow)
  2. Copy the contents of each single staff (one at a time) into the respective Piano stave
  3. (Back in Setup) Delete the single staff Pianos that you no longer need.