Metadata in Montage

Hi PG,

I certainly have some research and learning to do, but can you quickly answer this:

Can you add the ID3 metadata like picture, track number etc in the Montage and have it automatically be in the rendered file? Or do you have to add all that metadata in the edit screen after the render? I was thinking that you could enter all this info one time in the montage, and then it would be attached to any rendered files and all possible info would be tagged in the rendered file.

It seems a little confusing at first look.

Also, I like the add numerical prefix option when rendering, but is there a way to make it two digits, 01, 02 for example. The problem with one digit is that when you have 12 songs for example, the songs could become out of order in some file systems that I have seen. The two digit format would match other systems that I would consider the standard.

thanks.

Can you add the ID3 metadata like picture, track number etc in the Montage and have it automatically be in the rendered file?

Absolutly, yes.

I was thinking that you could enter all this info one time in the montage, and then it would be attached to any rendered files and all possible info would be tagged in the rendered file.

Yes, this is designed so.

Look at these topics:

Also, I like the add numerical prefix option when rendering, but is there a way to make it two digits, 01, 02 for example. The problem with one digit is that when you have 12 songs for example, the songs could become out of order in some file systems that I have seen. The two digit format would match other systems that I would consider the standard.

If you render more than 10 songs, a 0 is used as you expect. Not if you render <= 9 songs.

Can this be changed later? It makes no sense, certainly not in a software where ‘work in progress’ is goign on. I often work with artists who record in phases, where in the first session we finish 6 songs, the next session another 5, all eventually becoming the final >10 track CD.

Yes, not a big deal to change.

I think this would be a smart thing to do, so it stays consistent with iTunes and other standards as far as having 01, 02 , 03…even for releases with fewer than 10 songs.

As far as the actual metadata, wow. It seems that you can really do a lot although I’m having a hard time understanding how to apply certain metadata. I used one of your presets but then it would not let me leave the genre of music empty. Is it possible to do or do I have to start from zero and make my own preset but leave the genre empty?

I used one of your presets but then it would not let me leave the genre of music empty. Is it possible to do or do I have to start from zero and make my own preset but leave the genre empty?

Are you speaking about ID3v1 ? This field can’t be empty, according to the specification.

I will have to look more closely. Is it possible to change the numeric prefix to always be two digits for the 8.0.1 update coming on Monday?

Is it possible to change the numeric prefix to always be two digits for the 8.0.1 update coming on Monday?

No, in 8.0.2
The 8.0.1 is already finished (you maybe have it if you got the downloaded update).

I have the download version but it looks like it is 8.0.665

Can I download 8.0.1 now? WIll it fix my DDP making issue I just posted about?

build 665 is 8.0.1.
Next version will be 8.0.2 next month, with localized translations, among other.