Meters in the mix console modules gone?

The mixconsole design of Cubase 10 is for kids. Professional needs? First af all, having the control of hundreds tracks at a glance. The assistance claims I have to open the Channel Edit Window to check the meters for every single channel, one track at once. Nice touch! My question stays: why?

What? I don’t even understand what you mean???

I believe he means exactly what he is saying. He puts the whole situation in a nut shell, pretty much.

MW

++++111111111

Hi,

You mean the Channel Strip meters, right? Then it’s unfortunately true. :-/

Yes, but the 10’s manual says that the leds are there.

Very professional. I bet that the leds will stay hidden, it will be simpler delete the paragraph. :smiley:

The new design takes up more space and is missing core functionality (metering) in the Mix Console Channel Strip. This has to be fixed :astonished: Hopefully will be adressed in the next update

Well, the first maintenance update is here and the meters are still gone.

For our workflow (live mixing), this is disappointing. Seeing the meters for all channels in the strip is so helpful. For now, we do our sessions with C9.5.

I can only encourage everyone to open tickets for each and every oddity they do and even if in this parricular case they just answered in this typical, ivory-tower style, it must not be accepted. Follow up with the ticket and also everyone needs to open a new ticket about it

Happy to see the meters in the mix console making its return!
(if not in C10.0.20…very soon.)

You know this? …or you’re just hoping like me!

Know. Unless something very unusual happens.

Cool! Let’s hope nothing very unusual happens!

We have it back with 10.0.30!

Great!

Aaaahh…

yeah!

POSTED FOR NEWBIE’S LIKE ME:
As I understand it, meter bridge in the mixconsole is still there but only for volume - unfortunately not gain reduction etc.
To activate meter bridge within mixconsole window, click button in top toolbar on cog with square bracket =’set up window layout’ (on left of cog on right side of toolbar) then tick ‘meter bridge’.
Hope that’s helpful.

The striking ignorance of Steinberg by not answering the “why” question either points to pointless product management or to pure stupidity.