Metronome stops working, anyone else experienced this?

Hi there,

thanks BriHar for pointing out our Issues and Solutions article!

This is indeed a known issue, we know about it since before we released C8 and our developers are already working on a fix. The thing is, that this appears to be a much more complex task than one might think. However, it will be fixed in a maintenance update (probably not in the first one unfortunately).

I will let you know as soon as I have more infos about this.

All the best!

Ditto, this is a new issue for me. I’ve been using Cubase since my Atari ST and never had metronome issues until I installed 8. Very frustrating and you’re right, is making 8 unusable. :frowning: I really respect the Sternberg guys but it’s mind blowing they’d release 8 knowing that this was a problem. Not having a metronome in a DAW is pretty big.

This is indeed a known issue, we know about it since before we released C8 and our developers are already working on a fix. The thing is, that this appears to be a much more complex task than one might think. However, it will be fixed in a maintenance update (probably not in the first one unfortunately).

Wow…I’m just floored reading that.

Seriously? A known bug before C8 was released and a fix won’t be in the first maintenance dot rev? The click is a key element in any DAW production chain. Why was this not amongst the highest priority fixes?

+1 for feeling floored.

Thanks for replying Luis. I know you are just the messenger. :smiley: Hopefully this will get bumped up on the priority list.

Luis wrote:

The thing is, that this appears to be a much more complex task than one might think

Today I got a hint at how bad this really is. After struggling for a while trying to record some new VSTi tracks, i began to tweak some of the tracks…when all of a sudden I hear the Audio click track kick in for a few beats. This continued to happen at random intervals over a half hour. This is a major deal-breaker for me. I’m afraid I’ve gone back to C7.5 to get initial VSTi track recording done.

This needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

…and today I am hitting this problem. My usual workaround doesn’t help.

Nightmare scenario, since I am overdubbing to a tempo-mapped free-played guitar performance.

Please, Steinberg - this one is a biggie!!!

wait, wait, wait! . . . I’m just hearing about it. I’m a huge fan of Steinberg, I just hate how embarrassing it all is :open_mouth:

As a temporary measure I have disabled the Audio Click and set up a click using the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth.
It works fine for initiating record but not so good for using the click alongside an audio track. However as I rarely do that it will suffice for the moment.

It is difficult to believe that correcting this issue is so complicated, But then what do I know!

aint that crazy…“a workaround for a metronome” :unamused: no offence meant to you brihar, isnt it just crazy in C8 to have a workaround for the metronome…can’t get me head around it :cry:who tested C8?

Perhaps this is all a ploy intended to push us into using the new MIDI tempo detection feature :astonished:
:wink:

OK, at least I’m not alone. :laughing:
But seriously … c’mon.
It just kills human brain tissue trying to work with a metronome precount that is intermittently silent !!! :unamused:

This is an inspiration and work flow killer. Especially noticing it very frequently when using re-record.

Thought this problem was solved with maintenance update 8.0.10. I never had the problem until now and it’s just started not long after I’ve installed 8.0.10. Anyone else having this this. Now realise just how disruptive it is.

8.0.10 fixed it for me. It may be worth deleting your preferences - that seems to cure many of these weird errors.

I’m going to ask Steinberg if they could supply a utility to save/delete/recover prefs for those of us who have to do this.

Metronome works with some projects and not with others - I have no idea what the common denominator is but it’s really not good enough - if ONE thing should work reliably with a DAW it’s the metronome! I have resorted to sending a midi click to a rim hit.

In the absence of any meaningful discourse from Steinberg, I’ll try the delet prefs idea. The reason it’s not important to Steinberg is that they don’t use the software to do real work. And they don’t pay for it.

Deleting all prefs makes no difference at all. It’s the same bug that’s been going on for years. Hopeless.