Microphone not working with Cubase

So I just bought a new microphone (Trust - Starzz All-round Microphone) and I can’t get it to work with cubase. With every instrument i plug in into my UR22mkII it’s plug and play, but with this microphone it’s like i didn’t even plug in anyhting. Thing is, when I plug it into my pc instead of my audio interface, it does work, but then i can’t record it with Cubase. (or can I and just don’t know how?)
Anyone know a fix?
Thanks in advance.

First post… WELCOME! :wink:

Have you used a different mic prior to this one that works through your UR?

If not, have you set up the mono input bus and assigned that bus as the input to your mono (or stereo) audio track?

For best assist I suggest that you add you computer OS, Cubase version, and your UR info to your forum signature.

Regards :sunglasses:

Thank you!
I have used a different mic prior, just a $1.50 microphone from a thrift store and it worked fine.
I’ve actually got my new microphone working, but not in the way I want.
Now, if i want to use my microphone, i have to plug in into my PC (not my UR) and change the settings in Cubase to use my PC’s soundcard and not the UR. It’s not a terrible solution, but it’s quite a hassle because I have to do it everytime.
At the very least i’m glad the mic works!

I use Windows 10, Cubase 8 Elements and UR22mkII

Just a thought…

I see that this mic has a 3.5mm jack for stereo input (ring/tip/ring). So I am wondering if you are using the proper 1/4" jack adapter to get it work with the UR. You will need either a 3.5 mm stereo to 1/4" mono jack if you want to plug it into one of the UR connectors and record through a mono buss. Or you need a 3.5 mm stereo to a split 1/4" stereo jack to connect it to two of the UR front connectors and record through a stereo bus. If you want to use XLR connectors then the adapters and setup would be the similar to the 1/4" jack adapters except you would purchase 3.5 mm to XLR instead of 1/4". As a reminder, make sure that the mic’s on/off switch is set properly.

Good luck and let us know how this turns out. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

I am using the proper 1/4" jack adapter, my last microphone had a 3.5mm jack as well, so i use the same adapter. So that shouldn’t be the problem, unless the adapter is somehow broken. I am also aware of the on/off switch. I’ve done some reading and read something about that some mics require more power than the UR could give it, so i’m thinking it may have something to with that. There’s a +48V switch on the back of my UR, but that didnt do anything, so honestly i’m clueless. But then again, the microphone does work when plugged into the PC, so i’m not all that worried about it.

Thank you for thinking with me!