Midi channels / keyswitches - Expression Map behaviour. Help!

Hello folks

Having a hell of a time converting an orchestral project from EW Hollywood Orchestra OPUS, to Spitfire Symphony Orchestra!

In HOOPUS my Expression Maps were built using different articulations on different midi channels. Now in SSO I am building them on the same channel but using the keyswitches.
I usually have several tracks per instrument and stick the same Expression Map on each (so I can layer if need be). On track 1 I generally have legato. At one point I use the expression map to switch from legato to a trill, but I noticed that at the point of the trill there were actually two keyswitches sounding - trill and staccato. Eventually I realised this is because on track 2 at that point the expression map was set to staccato. So it seems expression map data triggers even if it is coming from different tracks. So if there are different articulations set on different tracks, they will sound simultaneously for any note, even if there exists a note on only one of those tracks? Is that right?

So is this a difference between Expression Maps using either midi channels, or keyswitching? Because with my old midi channel based expression maps I could have different articulations independently on different tracks.

Is there no way to do this with keyswitch based expression maps?

I hope I have managed to express this clearly - it’s a bit confusing!

Any help would be very welcome!

Thanks

I think if you use Keyswitches
You must set your contact instances to different midi tracks

Opus Example:

But Spitfire instead uses UACC midis with the CC32

Hello Freudon - thanks for the response.
I’m using the new SSO and it’s default keyswitch system is just regular keyswitching ( though you can select UACC/CC32 in options).
I’m talking about 1 instance of Kontakt (the same way I would have one instance of OPUS) and the expression map uses the same channel but the different keyswitch keys. The issue is when I load this same Expression Map and same Kontakt instance on several tracks in Cubase.
It seems that with Keyswitch based expression maps on several tracks, an articulation trigger on one track - even if currently silent - will affect the articulations triggered on another track.
I guess this didn’t happen with my old OPUS template because the expression maps used midi channel changes and I guess this created better actionable distinction than keyswitches on the same midi track.

You are using midi tracks or instrument tracks ?
Because I find it much easier to use instrument tracks
For a while I wanted to test the midi tracks with an installation including Vienna Ensemble Pro and I often had bugs with the midi ports
that’s why I only use instrument tracks

I don’t understand, I sometimes duplicate expression maps on several tracks and it works very well
Do you have one or more screenshots of the Kontakt instances of your expression maps and your midi ports?

In this pic you can see both staccato and trill are activated simultaneously - not what I want!
In track 1 I switch to trill, in track 2 there are currently no notes, but the expression map there has triggered staccato. Track 1 is the only one with notes at this point but even though the staccato trigger is on track 2 it somehow persists and stacks with the trill triggered on track 1.

And here’s the Expression map set up…