Midi Controller fader controller no input at all

Nico I think you deserve a free dinner for this one!
How is it that myself and nobody else picked up on this? I was thinking…actually I don’t think I was doing much thinking at all over the last few days. The brain was just enough to keep the vital going but not much else!
I was so focused on always having the track input set to either port 1 or 2 that I was thinking that of course the breath and fader controller also have to communication on that track also…dah!
I think that I did actually set the track correct at one time as I know somebody else mentioned it but all the changes I made were only made on either the track side OR the midi setup side but not both.

You rock man. I was getting so bummed out by this because it was really messing up my flow.
I just used the breath controller for the first time with the Swam Saxophonesholy crap it’s really incredible. This thing takes control to another level. I’m sure it word work well for strings too.

Thank you for your time and efforts on this! I really appreciate it.
C

3 Likes

I told you to check the inspector yesterday, but you were probably too disappointed to receive the solution then. But today’s a new day, and we set out with renewed spirits! :partying_face:

Great to see this solved! (I am a little jealous that you have a breath controller :triumph: :grin:

2 Likes

Glad to hear that things are working as intended now. :+1:— Have fun with your multiple controllers!

1 Like

You did tell me that but it wasn’t just that. Yes I was seeing black clouds over me at that point so I was in a fog I think. At any given time when messing with the setting between the Midi Setup, inspector and the setup of the VST AND the controller itself I never had all of them set the way they are now. If one of set to “A” the other would be on “B”, etc. It’s when Nico said about the track is only listening to the keyboard that it “CLICKED”… I had a big AH HA moment. Thanks guys sooo much.
Thanks GGManestraki. Well I have to tell you this breath controller is pro level stuff. No BS here! It makes all the difference when using wind instruments
. No cheap but really worth the money and most importantly it works as a natural extension to emulating a wind instrument. Amazing.

1 Like

Thanks Nico. It was the “only listening to the keyboard” did it click for me. I think the other part of the confusion was the midi channels. I was thinking there was going to be a conflict with that since both of my keyboards use channel 1 but on different ports. I guess each USB MIDI controller is seen as a “port” as well so the channels are 1-16 on each midi port. That’s the way I’m seeing it anyway.
Thanks for both of you for helping. I haven’t had much luck lately with tech stuff. It kind of scares me because I’ve always been really sharp with this stuff but in the last few years…not so much.

Anyway thanks again.
Chris

1 Like

I saw the studio setup pic that you posted that you had it checked, so I thought you would leave that alone. :laughing:

All’s well that ends well. Well, not an end, but a new beginning. Enjoy your stuff, and bless you! :fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

2 Likes

Yeah you would think I would have left it alone…but…well there has been a lot of stuff going on health wise that make me super distracted I guess. Not thinking all that clearly I guess. Thank you!
If you are in the market for a breath controller you won’t be sorry if you purchase the one I did. Amazing stuff. Tweakable like you wouldn’t believe. If you wanted the “bite” control to make you breakfast I’m sure there’s a way to do that!

2 Likes