MIDI-Controller is "not connected" - how can I edit the midi-ports?

I had set up a midi controller, which is on and the midiport is active.
Still, I am not able to re-“connect” my controller now. It shows “disconnected” (1)
I have the suspicion that it’s due to the assigned midi-port.
Now where in the MIDI REMOTE-MANAGER can I edit the ports afterwards? I can’t just click the MIDI-Port section. Nothing opens (2)
help

[1] You can give a try to Reload Scripts, maybe it helps.

[2] MIDI Remote Manager is only for info, not editing. But you can quickly create a new instance of your controller with different MIDI port(s). Just click “+”, select Vendor and Model, select MIDI Port(s) and click Activate MIDI Controller Surface. You’ll get a new instance with identical properties, but communicating on other MIDI port(s).

You can later remove the instance that is no longer needed (button Remove Controller Surface in MIDI Remote Manager).

2 Likes

This has happened to me a few times. Try going to that second tab in the MIDI Remote Manager, disable the script and then enable it again. That usually solves it for me.

Yeah, I’ve tried so many things, and seems that re-enabling the script is the only work-around. It’s so weird.

Here I’ve created a new instance with different ports, now how do I delete the old instance with the wrong ports?

I’ve been working in Cubase for 25 years and it feels like Steinberg wants to wean us off using third party MIDI devices.

You have to disable/trashcan the unwanted script.
grafik

It won’t. This will either remove both controllers or remove the script from Cubase.

Do not disable script as long as you need another instance, instead Remove Controller Surface in MIDI Remote Manager.

1 Like

Thank you. It worked.

I guess this is a work in progress feature which will be refined and debugged as time goes by - agile, like many other companies do. Its pretty common imho
:wink: