Midi controller not triggering VST instrument(Event receive

Might not have been your fault… could have gotten deactivated accidentally :wink:.

Totally agree with vic_france there, Impuku. Absolutely no need to feel any embarrassment.

Sometimes MIDI is too simple for its own good! :smiley:

I’ve used MIDI equipment since before Atari ST came out in the 80’s, and I could tell you some embarrassing stories, not starring me of course, cough cough. :laughing: Sometimes I’ve been so perplexed I’ve had to leave for a bit, and when I come back and realized some simple thing or whatever… yep it feels embarrassing.

To add salt to the occasional wounded pride, I have even built MIDI interfaces in the past and I’ve programmed a few MIDI tools as well. Though that was a long time ago. :wink:

At home, I still use two of what I would consider among the most invaluable hardware MIDI devices ever made, JLCooper’s MSB 16/20 and MSB-1. The latter is SO much easier to use with lots of external (especially older) keyboards. One reason is that a lot of older synthesizers weren’t very good at providing choices of MIDI message handling. The larger (16/20) is good for routing, like a patch bay, MIDI around to various places. Some older equipment does not care about MIDI channels for example, and cannot be permanently attached to a port with other equipment.

Having a hard time letting go of the past, and why should I, when some of the stuff is better than what can be found nowadays, and it’s providing me with a lot of (sometimes embarrassing) fun! :slight_smile: