Midi Data Replication

I have a MIDI file that is a Trumpet melody that should be played in unison by a Trombone and Tenor Saxophone as well. Is there a way to replicate this Trumpet line for the Trombone and Tenor Sax in their respective voices and transpositions (notes) in Dorico so that all three instruments play this melody line in unison in each of their respective voices?

If this is a silly question please excuse me, I am very new to Dorico, but am very excited about it’s capabilities.

Thanks in advance,
Rockfort

Just create the three players, import the midi of the trumpet into that part, and then select all the notes and copy them to the additional instruments.

So by creating the instruments (Trombone and Tenor Sax) when I copy the notes from the Trumpet and paste to each of the other two, the transpositions and notes will automagically be correct for them so I don’t have to manually do anything else?

Yes, except you might want to shift the notes down an octave (something you can do with a couple of keystrokes).

Fantastic!! I will lookup how to shift the notes down an octave… I am really grateful that both Ramanos and yourself took time to answer my question, I really appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Rockfort

Thank you Ramanos, I really appreciate it.

Rockfort.

1 Like

Hi Ramanos I am successful with all that I need to do except getting the name of each player to show on the Full Score page abbreviated or other wise. I need them noted left side next to their appropriate stave, and I have searched high and low but I cannot seem to find the answer to that riddle. Can you please give me a hand once again

Thanks in advance,
Rockfort.

Layout options > select the full score layout on the right list, go to Staves and systems, choose abbreviated instrument names, apply, done :wink:

Thank you Marc, you’re a gentleman and a Scholar.

Rockfort.

1 Like