Ok first off please forgive me if there is an easy fix or solution to this issue, I have tried my best to find stuff on it but nothing that helps sofar. My problem is with the midi ports that are assigned to midi devices that i create. my setup is:
external devices x 2
Roland xv-3080 on a usb to midi cable with dedicated audio inputs on mr816csx
Gem S2 workstation on usb to midi cable with dedicated audio inputs on mr816csx
I can create a midi device for the xv3080 no probs and have a script file all is good. I assign the apropriate output which i renamed in the Device setup window for midi ports. I prechecked i had the right ports to the right names etc by creating a basic midi track in an empty project window and assingning relevant midi in/out to it. I then goto connections and sort out the audio inputs for the new device. create a new instrument track using the new ext instrument i just made. All works perfectly with no issues, so i move on and go through the same process for the Gem S2. all goes well untill i need to assign an output for the device, i open the drop down menu for midi outputs and select the port i named to gem s2, … it will not select it it just picks the one for the xv, i can how ever select some of the othe midi outs for other devices such as bcf2000 which are connected and working .
I made a template for my home setup a while back and all was good no issues, all midi port names etc all correct and selectable and send midi info to correct destination. Then some how the gremlins get into my system from somewhere and every time i switch on cubase 6 my midi ports rename themselves all to the same name i.e xv-3080 or Gem s2, different each time i switch on, so its hard to keep up,…BUT the same recurring thing is that no matter what cubase changes the name to it all still goes to the xv 3080 midi output. Is there a max number of usb inputs allowed before C6 spits its dummy out ? Has any one else encountered a similar issue ?
The fact that i can still create a standard midi track and route the midi to whatever output i wish baffles me. I have deleted and remade the midi devices etc to see if the prob goes away but no cigar. Nothing has been updated since the setup was working. I am trembling at the thought of maybe having to format and re-install as i have a sizable ammount if plugs etc which will All need to then be updated blah blah blah. So hours to maybe a day for my stuff. Using midi ox i can confirm all midi connections are alive and well. However using the korg plugin stanalones i can create the same issue except it will not respond to any of the usb to midi cables apart from the bcf 2000. I can open say halion sonic standalone and use any midi port available even the ones the cubase won’t…,
So summing up if i cant find a solution then i feel i have two options both not savoury to me. re-install all music sofware i.e cubase and the like, or re-format and re-install windows 7 64bit too. I really hope this is fixable and i have just been a donkey with a setting somewhere but i really cant see what i would or could have changed to make this happen. Maybe it is windows related, i dont know but its enough to stop me writing music and spen all my time fixing which is not good. thanks in advanve to anyone who can elp me on this issue.