I’m new to Cubase device panels but have a good understanding of MIDI/sysex. I need to figure out how to make this, what seems like a basic panel:
- Control to select device ID (unique ID for sysex messaging)
- Button to request the current patch dump. The dump request message is fixed except for device ID byte.
- Receive patch dump data - about 13 bytes.
- About 7-8 knobs and buttons that get set from the patch dump data.
- Store a list of patches in Cubase (my device does not have patch storage onboard)
- Button to send a selected patch dump to the device
- Ability to send a stored patch dump while a track is playing
I heave read the documentation but it’s pretty opaque. Where should I look for a basic example or tutorial?