MIDI Export Results in Multiple Events/Regions

I’m exporting MIDI from a track where there are long gaps with no notes. Cubase decides to cut these gaps out and export the MIDI file as multiple events (or regions, or whatever they’re called now). The only way around this is to insert a long midi note to bridge the gap. This is clunky and ridiculous. Has it been fixed in a new version??? I’m still on v.10.5.

Hi,

How do you know, Cubase is exporting it like this? In the SMF (Standard MIDI File), there are no MIDI Parts defined at all.

I’m sorry but I have no idea what you’re trying to communicate.

Hi,

I’m sorry, English is not my first language…

How do you know, Cubase is exporting it the way, you described? Where do you import the MID file to, to see the result?

There was a two letter typo

He’s referring to the MIDI engineering specification:

1 Like

Yes, when I import the exported MIDI file, I get two separate regions.

Hi,

It can still be on the import side, not export.

into what program? When troubleshooting it is necessary to give each detail. Even though *you * might know, other don’t.

OK.

1. I programmed a MIDI part in Cubase 10.5 on a Windows 10 computer.
  2. The part has a section in the middle where there are no notes for approximately 50 bars.
  3. I export the MIDI track as a MIDI file, ensuring the entire length of the track is selected in the timeline.
  4. I import said file back into Cubase 10.5. (a new blank session).
  5. The resultant MIDI track has two MIDI regions - the 50 bar section with no notes is blank.

Any other info you need?

Hi,

We still don’t know, if the MIDI Parts are divided during the export or the import.

In any case, I would consider this as a feature. I can’t imagine, this is a bug. There must be a specific code to do this.