MIDI import fails (wrong notes and window crash)

When I export a MIDI file created by Dorico with sextuplets and then I try to import it, Dorico doesn’t import it correctly. It writes notes incorrectly overlapped and it writes silences, or the imported window crashes.

Steps to reproduce:
1.- Create a new project and add a new player (in my example, a violin)
2.- Write a sextuplet (click in the silence in the score, push “4” to get semiquavers, click “;” , write “6:4” and add the notes). It will look as this:
write sextuplet in dorico.png
3.- Export it as MIDI
4.- import the MIDI file, it will look as this:

Using ninetuplets (9:4) also fails in the same way. If I try septuplets (7:4) the window crashes and it shows me the Setup window, without the MIDI imported. Strangely, using triplets or quintuplets works fine, though.

could you clarify how you got the 7:4 crash, step by step?
I just tried to

• create new score
  • add player with one instrument
  • write mode
  • start note input
  • new tuplet, enter 7:4, return
    → no crash

Sorry, I wasn’t clear on this: the crash happens when I import the previously exported MIDI file

[EDIT] To be clear with the steps:

• create new score
  • add player with one instrument
  • write mode
  • write 4 (or click in semiquavers)
  • new tuplet, enter 7:4, return
  • start note input
  • export as MIDI
  • import that MIDI file

The window crashes and it doesn’t shows the imported score, it shows the Setup window.

It seems that if instead of a semiquaver I use a crotchet, it doesn’t crashes

Was you able to replicate both problems (wrong MIDI import and window crash), or do you need some more specifications from my side?

Thanks for your report. We are aware of some problems involving the importing of certain tuplet structures in MIDI files, and hopefully we will be able to improve this soon.