MIDI-In Channel?

The Output Router of a MIDI track has a channel selector for specifying the desired MIDI-Out channel.

Does the Input Router have a channel selector?

When I try to record the MIDI data from my keyboard in Cubase, all 16 channels are being recorded together on each of the MIDI tracks, but I need each track to be restricted to a single channel.

I don’t know if it makes a difference, but I’m using Cubase Elements 8. Every other DAW I’ve used lets me select a specific MIDI-In channel for a given track. I can’t imagine that such a basic capability would be omitted from Cubase, but if it’s there, I can’t find it. :frowning:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Rideout

Hi, I do not know whether it existis in your cubase Version, but for this purpose a preset of the Input transformer can be used.

HTH,

ERnst

Thank you! I’ll read up on presets in the manual to see how they work. :slight_smile:

Michael

EDIT: As far as I can tell, Cubase Elements doesn’t include the Input Transformer. Thank goodness I’m just evaulating the free trial, as the lack of such basic functionality is a major deal-breaker.

EDIT #2: I’ve learned that Cubase Elements does have the Dissolve Part function, which works nicely for an after-the-fact solution.