Midi keyboard showing in "MIDI setup" but no midi activity is shown on transport panel?

I am having a problem with Cubase 12 since upgrading that my midi keyboard doesn’t always work. It is shown in my MIDI port setup page as you can see here. My midi controller is the CASIO USB controller.

but when I press keys on the keyboard I don’t hear anything and nothing is showing in the midi activity part of my transport panel. Can someone tell me where the problem might be?

1 Like

Hi,

Make sure the MIDI Port is not in use for the MIDI Remote and or the Track-/VST Quick Controls, please.

Hi Martin. I restarted Cubase and it works now. I looked where you said and this is what I found

Of course now that it is working it might not help but next time I have the same issue I will post again and check this.

I have a similar issue. I have a M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 Mk3, Windows 11 and Cubase 12 Artist.
The keyboard works typically at the start of a work session, but during the session Cubase will sometimes stop to respond to the keyboard. I have tested the MIDI output from the keyboard with other applications at the time of the fault and it is functioning properly. So the keyboard actually works, and sends Midi data. But Cubase does not seem to register it.
Sometimes a reconnect of the USB will help Cubase understand that it’s there, but it only works some of the time.

This is the configuration (image 1):