MIDI Learn, AUv3 Multi Out & Much More | Cubasis 3.3 and Galactic Sale available

I need to downgrade. Cubasis 3.3 introduces massive latency problems when using it as live effects generator.

1. Summary/Title
Crackles & suddenly latency jumps.

2. Description
I can’t work with Cubasis as live effects and instrument host anymore. I used it and send audio to RME babyface and looped back to loopy to use instruments and effects for looping. This worked since eome time without problems. Now this is completely screwed up. Suddenly latency is introduced. Suddenly there come crackles.
I have no backup, how can I downgrade to the old version? Today it completely killed a live-session, that’s really disappointing.

TRYING TO FEED LOOPY WITH CUBASIS SOUNDS NOW VIA AUDIOBUS:
Now I tried a different way with interapp audio (which never worked reliable before but seems to become better ) and when I use microphone and keyboard suddenly big latency is inserted. When I go to audio and switch to higher latency and then back, everything goes back to normal. This is maximum not reliable! How can it be that Cubasis changes latency arbitrarily!?!?!

One hour later:
So O.K., there seem to be improvements with Interapp Connectivity. I’m digging deeper with this.
If I am able to connect cubasis via Audiobus3 with loopy reliably, I am happy again. But I’m in fear of these sudden changes with latency. That is a no go. I now worked for some minutes without problems.

IF Interapp connectivity really works now, that would be an improvement. I give it a chance and get back here, when I have it working stabele.

Some minutes later:
Again suddenly, out of nothing, there is latency on my midiinstrument, while using MIDI and Microphon in parallell. I go to settings, switch latency forth and back and the latency is gone.
Seems to be a stupid bug, but I can’t say, WHEN exactly this happens. The program should never change latency on it’s own.

Some hours later:
I left the setup running for a while, doing other things. When I hit the keyboard again, there was a horrible latency (felt like 0,5 seconds).
I now turned of all synchronisation from audiobus and will wait again. Curious, what will happen.

Short time later:
Without doing anything after a break playing again: latency! Now I will use only Audiobus for Output, not to send audio to loopy and see what happens

Again a short time later:
Again there occures latency after a while doing nothing. I bet it doesn’t matter if doing nothing or something.

Short time later:
It happens also without Audiobus!!! When I have Microphon with effects & Midi instrument on, after a while I get latency… This is the strangest thing ever…

After a while: Crazy poop:
This is MIDI-Latency drift!!! With the on screen keyboard it does not occure. It just happens with the Midi-keyboard connected. So now this is really reproducable and narrowed to the point. The Microphone is not delayed, internal inscreen keyboard is not delayed, only instruments played by externel Midi BECOMES DELAYED over time!!

I WANT TO GET PAYED FOR THIS!

3. Expected Results
Stable latency and no crackles.

4. Actual Results
Latency and crackles.

5. Environment
Cubasis 3.3, last iPad mini, RME Babyface, loopy

I was able to work around the issue, not solve it. I would much prefer to use the Bluetooth function of the controller. But apparently I’m the only one having this issue?

Dear
Extended midi routing is only one to one channel
It is not one to many channels
It will be good if it goes to many channels

I found bugs.

*Metronome
Firstly , I open Cubasis 3.3. Metronome is working until I created many tracks and start recording with a MIDI, metronome cant be hear anymore. I dont know in which some point metronome started to stop working. Until now, metronome is not working anymore. Even I restart the apps many times.

*Sidechain
Sidechain not working properly when the percentage of effects (under the channel strip effect rack) is moved.

Hope you’ll add your own Drum Sequemcer Plugin for upcoming updates.

Simple UI and easy to locate the feature but complexity in workflow is there.
Drum sequencer with advanced features like,
Has a Velocity, panorama, repeat, pitch shifting, and adding effect to every sound.:grin:

Just recommending for better workflows.

Thanks for your effort.

2 Likes

After installing the 3.3 update, in the mixer section the global record button and track activation buttons do not function as expected any more. (Mute, Solo, Read and Write still turn on and off all the individual track selections.) Thankfully, still able to turn them all off individually but a major pain … Now I know why I usually wait until the “.1” release of a major update.

Hi @mccy,

Are you able to create a short clip that shows the steps (and results) to allow our engineers to reproduce the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Lars

Hi @jimcuyam_123,

Re. Metronome
Please open the mixer and scroll to the master channel strip to the right.
In the Master channel strip, make sure the metronome button is enabled.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

Hi @Diametro,

Thanks for your message.

After installing the 3.3 update, in the mixer section the global record button and track activation buttons do not function as expected any more. (Mute, Solo, Read and Write still turn on and off all the individual track selections.) Thankfully, still able to turn them all off individually but a major pain

Please let us know the exact steps to reproduce the problem.

Thanks
Lars

The exact steps are … If you press the the global record button in the mixer section it stays on and doesn’t turn off the record-activated tracks. The same thing happens with the track activation button. It’s really simple …

Are you saying it doesn’t do that on your end?

Hi,

I’m desperately trying to connect my Novation launch control xl to Cubasis 3.3, but so far I haven’t been successful. Tried the presets but no chance. Any suggestions?

Hi Diametro,

We are able to reproduce the issue, and shared it with the team.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi @KalleSandare,

Thanks for your message.

We suggest to get in touch with Novation to let them know about the issue.
We’re at hand to provide them with a Cubasis promo code for testing purposes if required.

Best,
Lars

No Tempo/signature tracks/changes yet ?!(im on cubasis 2 for now)
wonder why this thing ,so basic and needed feature in music is not implemented yet. is it so hard to program it in cubasis or is it just priority /Strategy of steinberg thinking and branding cubasis as an app for armatures or certain type of music with no tempo/signature changes ?

2 Likes

Thanks. You offer a preset for the Launch control xl. Did you ever try in your „Lab“ if it worked at all?

Hi, I’m looking for some help. I’m running the latest update paired with a Bluetooth midi connection, A Roli Seaboard with the Noise app integrated. I love it, Cubasis is great, but since the new update my seaboard won’t respond properly to cubasis, midi notes sometimes don’t make any sounds, whilst others sustain. It’s progressively gotten worse. I’ve reset my seaboard, and updated all software, but on other platforms the seaboard works perfectly. I didn’t have this issue before the latest update. Please can you help.

Adam.

1 Like

CBT-2351 Solves a problem where an AU plug-in’s state can get lost when quitting Cubasis 3.

This has not been resolved. I feel the issue is worse in the latest update. Using the software becomes nearly pointless when you’re unsure if your work will be retained.

I have the same issue with a korg nanokey studio. It works fine plugged in, but have the same issues you noted when trying to use Bluetooth. Glad I’m not the only one, maybe there will be a better response than “contact korg about it” now.

I’ve found another post regarding it too, and it’s all linked to Bluetooth, there’s obviously a bug in the new update that needs to be sorted ASAP.

1 Like

When I continuously rapidly tapping my MIDI pads for a Close HiHats, Cubasis 3 Suddenly Hanged.

So I restart all over again and again when I record my Hihats using MIDI controller