MIDI Learn, AUv3 Multi Out & Much More | Cubasis 3.3 and Galactic Sale available

Dear all,

First of all, I hope you and yours are up and well.

Today, I’m more than pleased to announce the immediate release of Cubasis 3.3, which adds lots of highly requested features such as MIDI Learn, AUv3 Multi Out support, sidechaining and so much more.

Download Cubasis on the App Store
Download Cubasis on Google Play

Alongside, Cubasis 3 also joins our Galactic Sale, offering 30% OFF Cubasis and 50% OFF selected in app-purchases until May 17, 2021.

What Can I say, except than that the force is very strong with this small but excellent Cubasis team…

We very much hope you enjoy this new Cubasis 3.3, and we would be very glad about your App Store rating, if you do!

Please stay well and enjoy making music,

Lars

4 Likes

What’s New in Cubasis 3.3
MIDI Learn, AUv3 Multi Out, Sidechain and More | What’s New in Cubasis 3.3

Cubasis is unmatched when it comes to helping you create your music quickly and easily. Enjoy all of the great new professional features we’ve added, still with all the quick operation, ease of use and unparalleled usability that you rely on. Hook up your external controller to remotely control Cubasis via MIDI Learn, the Mackie Control (MCU) or HUI protocols. Use Audio Unit multi-out support to individually process instrument sounds or route instruments to discrete channels. Use sidechaining to create the pumping effect familiar in modern music… and so much more. Cubasis 3.3 lets you go pro with ease, while being creative and staying fully inspired.

Please support us by rating this app on the App Store if you like it!

・MIDI Learn, Mackie Control (MCU) and HUI protocol support
Easily control Cubasis remotely, via your external controller. Enable MIDI Learn and simply move a knob or fader on your controller to assign it to a selected parameter. What’s more, you can load existing presets for your controller or save your own. And if your controller supports the Mackie Control (MCU) or HUI protocols, you’re covered right away too. Yes, it’s that easy.
Find out more in our MIDI Learn tutorial

・Audio Unit Instrument Multi Out support
Cubasis is designed to let you focus on creating music. Audio Unit Multi Output support lets you quickly assign the single instrument sounds of a drum kit to individual outputs, or allows you to route individual instruments to discrete channels. Of course, when using these features you can expect unparalleled usability. This really sets our award-winning Cubasis app apart from the crowd. Find out more in our AUv3 Multi Out tutorial

・Sidechain support
Use a few simple taps to create that classic, warm pumping sound we all love when listening to many genres of music — be it hip hop, pop, heavy techno… you name it. But there is so much more to it. Create punchy kicks, make vocals stand out in the mix or separate frequencies from each other. It’s super simple to set up and yet so powerful.
Find out more in our sidechain tutorial

・Extended MIDI routing
Make use of extended MIDI routing options to create inspiring tracks in a snap. Modulate vocals to make them sound robotic, using the new extended MIDI routing options alongside our Waves Tune RT IAP or a third-party vocoder iOS app, manipulated via an existing MIDI track. Explore even more creative possibilities via advanced MIDI track-to-track routing options.
Find out more in our extended MIDI routing tutorial

・Improvements
Music always comes first and we don’t want anything to get in your way. We want to keep your creativity and enthusiasm flowing as smoothly as possible. Cubasis 3.3 includes many improvements which deliver the best possible performance with the utmost stability.

What has been improved and resolved in Cubasis 3.3

More New Features in Cubasis 3.3
CBT-1818 Android devices with 64bit Intel CPUs are now supported
CBT-2152 Waves Tune RT IAP now supports MIDI input target pitch
CBT-2480 Channel Strip now supports sidechaining
CBT-2470 AUv3 MIDI AU multi-out support
CBT-2321 MIDI track routing to insert effects
CBT-2421 MIDI track routing to other MIDI track
CBT-2392 Effect send levels are now displayed in dB

Arrange Window, Inspector
CBT-204 Resolves a cosmetic issue where a Waveform can show a center line at certain zoom levels.
CBT-245 Resolves a problem where duplicated frozen tracks cannot be deleted.
CBT-1298 Fixes a cosmetic issue where some entries in the undo list had no text.
CBT-2001 Improves the effect send slider handling on smartphone devices.
CBT-2004 Using Undo during audio recordings no longer undos more than one step.
CBT-2257 Fast MIDI input no longer leads to ignored notes.
CBT-2309 Tapping anywhere in the notepad area now displays the keyboard for editing.
CBT-2335 Resolves a problem where keyboard shortcuts no longer work while the undo info popup is visible.
CBT-2342 When splitting an event, the part to the right now stays selected.
CBT-2388 Resolves an issue where Cubasis was rendered unreliable after a few minutes of MIDI recording.
CBT-2395 Edited audio events no longer reverts to its previous state after being duplicating.
CBT-2396 Resolves a serious issue where audio files can get lost after being renamed multiple times.
CBT-2399 Fixes a minor cosmetic issue where long-tap indicators can be partly covered by other UI elements.
CBT-2428 Solves an issue where importing a MIDI file can result in a muted or silent track.
CBT-2429 Resolves a problem where auto time-stretch does not work as expected.
CBT-2468 Resolves an issue where quickly tapping on the transport buttons can lead to recording issues.
CBT-2567 Implements a failsafe against the rare issue that a project plays non existing MIDI notes.

Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio & Audiobus
CBT-1068 Resolves a rare problem where the back button of the AU instrument list didn’t work.
CBT-2285 Saving an AU plug-in preset no longer closes the view.
CBT-2351 Solves a problem where an AU plug-in’s state can get lost when quitting Cubasis 3.
CBT-2426 Autosaving projects now work as expected while an AU plug-in is opened.

Instruments and Effects
CBT-2379 Changing specific Micrologue parameters no longer leads to DSP spikes or audio dropouts.
CBT-2479 Resolves a problem where changing Micrologue parameters can lead to increased latency.
CBT-2523 Changing a parameter of StudioEQ, ChannelStrip or MasterStrip now automatically enables bands or modules of these effects.
CBT-2542 The StudioEQ’s UI is no longer overlaid by the iOS home indicator bar.
CBT-2551 Changing certain Micrologue parameters during playback no longer leads to dropout issues or renders Cubasis unreliable.

Misc.
CBT-17 Improved animation appearance and performance when opening and closing views.
CBT-2204 Improved behaviour when using the MIDI editor draw mode.
CBT-2293 Resolves a rare cosmetic issue where a black rectangle is shown during app launch.
CBT-2347 Mixdown to separate tracks no longer bleeds into other tracks.
CBT-2350 Resolves a problem where using two identical MIDI devices renders Cubasis unreliable.
CBT-2358 Resolves a rare issue where loading a Cubasis 2 project could lead to audio events not being loaded.
CBT-2370 Resolves a problem where specific AU plug-ins were rendered into the mixdown’s effect tail.
CBT-2391 Switching to the home screen and back during recording no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.

Cubasis 3 for Android
CBT-1676 Android: Resolves a problem where notepad scrolling is prevented while the keyboard is open.
CBT-1839 Android: Resolves a rare problem where dis/connecting an audio interface during a session can render Cubasis unreliable.
CBT-2081 Android: Resolves several problems when using the Notepad feature on Android.
CBT-2559 Android: Sharing files now works as expected on devices using Android 11.

A new cubasis 3.3 is not responding in coming midi notes from other midi sequencer
At all latency settings
My work is stopped
What to do man ???

Hi Divesh,

Please let us have the exact steps, using our bug reporting form.

Thanks
Lars

1. Summary/Title

(After updating 3.3 the Incoming midi notes from other midi sequencer are not sounding well)

2. Description

1-Open a projects in cubasis 3 with 8 midi channels ( assigned input midi 1 to 8 channel)

2- assigned different instrument on all tracks eg
channel 1 for drum ,Channel 2 for pad ,Channel 3 for bass and so on

3-Open a 8 track multi midi sequencer eg Yamaha mobile music sequencer

4- select midi out to cubasis

5- make some phrase to all channels

1. Expected Results**
    (All incoming midi data should sound well as in Cubasis 3.2)

4. Actual Results
*(1-All incoming midi data not sounding good ! notes are missing while sounding or recording on every channel In Cubasis 3.3

2-I tried it every latency but did not work

3- the same I did with cubasis 2 , Aum ,Auria Pro BeatMaker 3 and Audiobus 3 there is no problem at all only Cubasis 3.3 latest update is creating this problem

4-only if I do solo a track in Yamaha mobile midi sequencer then the assigned track in cubasis 3.3 is sounding all notes but this is not a solution )*

5. Environment
(Apogee duet iOS 13.3 can not update iOS )

1 Like

I reported please read carefully

TELL me is any option to downgrade Cubasis to 3,2 because my work is STOPPED

AND I am not sure when will you RESOLVE this PROBLEM
DISAPPOINTED

1 Like

I’m having similar issues as @Divesh. Don’t know if it’s appropriate to post my own bug reporting form as it says to make sure one isn’t posted yet. MIDI notes aren’t registering when input (using Korg nanokey studio), and/or one note of a chord will hang when depressed (like sustain was on).

Don’t know what to do… can’t effectively work on anything at this point.

Hi @TheDayMan,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum.

From what I read, your issue seems to be different to the one above.

Is it correct, that using the Korg nanoKEY Studio fails to work as expected, when triggering notes on the keyboard?

Do you have a short video clip to share, which visualizes the problem?

Best,
Lars

Hi @Divesh,

Thank you for your report, which has been shared with the team.
Please await our feedback.

Thanks,
Lars

1 Like

Dear Lars,

You have no idea how happy I am with the remote control and MIDI learn options. Thanks very much!

Hippohenk

Hi @hipp0henk,

Will let the team know, thanks for the kind message!

Stay well and enjoy making music,

Lars

Difficult to reproduce once upgraded but hopefully awareness may prevent others from potentially losing data.

1. Summary/Title
Volume Controller data in existing 3.2 project not visible after updating to Cubasis 3.3

2. Description
Can only reproduce by loading a CC#07 containing 3.2 project already in the MediaBay. It may be relevant that on the event in question, there was no note data, only CC#07. Importing a 3.2 project into the 3.3 MediaBay (e.g. from backup) and opening DOES include the controller data and therefore provides a workaround.

3. Expected Results
Integrity of a project created in 3.2 with CC#07 controller data should be unaffected by opening in Cubasis 3.3.

4. Actual Results
No CC#07 controller data present in track event on opening in 3.3.

5. Environment
Cubasis 3.2.1, Cubasis 3.3, iPad Pro 4th gen, iOS 14.4.2

Hi @TheDayMan,

Please provide us with further information about your issue (see our questions below). Ideally, please create a new forum topic for the problem.

• Is MIDI Learn or Mackie Control enabled? Please try disabling it.

• Make sure that in the Mackie Ports popup (under Setup / MIDI / Mackie Control), the nanoKey Studio’s ports are not declared as Mackie or HUI. This will disable MIDI note input for tracks.

• On which MIDI channel does the nanoKey Studio send the notes?

• Does it make any difference if you configure the track in Cubasis for the specific MIDI channel, or all channels, in the Inspector’s Routing panel?

• Does it make any difference if “MIDI input only for armed track” is on or off, under Setup / MIDI?

Best,
Lars

Thanks for following up! You are correct, notes either aren’t registering, or they are sticking when let go, video below (you can see keys lighting when pressed but not registering, and getting stuck). I tried a nano key (plugged in) and it worked fine, could it be a Bluetooth issue?

(Attachment Video.mov is missing)

Edit: my video didn’t upload, clearly, and I’ve found the nanokey studio seems to work fine plugged in as well, so it seems like a Bluetooth thing.

How to transfer wave tune cubasis 3 to my cubasis 2

Because cubasis 3 is not useable for me

Hi @Divesh,

Please note that I’ve send you a PM.

Best,
Lars

Hi @TheDayMan,

Thanks for your updated message.

Edit: my video didn’t upload, clearly, and I’ve found the nanokey studio seems to work fine plugged in as well, so it seems like a Bluetooth thing.

Sounds like you’ve been able to sort out the issue yourself then, correct?

Thanks
Lars

Please check it midi cc is not working