Midi Mixer Question

I am able to control the Pan and Volume controls in my keyboard from the Midi Mixer in Cubase 6, but I can’t use it the other way around and get the keyboard to move the Pan and Volume controls in the mixer when I move the controls on the keyboard.

When I move a keyboard pan or volume control the mixer ‘bus level meter’ moves up and down indicating Cubase is receiving this data, but the actual mixer pan and volume settings do not change. I was looking for some kind of filter in the manual in case these parameters were turned off but I couldn’t find anything.

Although its not a critical problem, its just bugging me why its not working.

Glen

Are you referring to the transport panel?

It sounds like the OP Glen is talking about the the meter on the midi fader in the mixer.

Glen, if I have understood correctly, in order to use the controls on your keyboard to control the mixer and anything else in Cubase, you need to set up a Generic Remote for the kn7000 or set up quick controls. This is handled in Device Setup. (Menu: Devices>Device Setup.)

That is a neat looking keyboard. I like how the control panel closes like a the door on an acoustic piano, and opens to a veritable spaceship control room. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps

Steve

Thanks for your help.

I have never tried to control Cubase from the keyboard before, and assumed as midi data goes both ways, if I move a volume fader in Cubase the keyboard fader moves (which it does) so it should work the other way around - moving a keyboard fader moves the Cubase fader (which it doesn’t).

I have found the ‘Setting up a Remote Device’ in the manual, I’ll take a look and see if it might be useful.

That is a neat looking keyboard. I like how the control panel closes like a the door on an acoustic piano, and opens to a veritable spaceship control room

It sounds pretty good too :smiley:

Glen

Oh, setting up a remote is useful! But you should have a look at “Quick Controls”. It’s a more modern idea, and simpler to configure.