Midi monitor has to be activated on midi track

I never used midi monitor in the past. I alway made sure I was on the right midi track I wanted to play and had the sound from that midi track. In version 12 I have to activate the monitor button on the midi track which don’t fit my workflow. I don’t know what happened but I cannot find a solution to make it as before without the monitor button activate. What am I missing here?

Not sure what you’re saying, but it sounds like you need to Record Enable the track, then you won’t need to hit the Monitor button. (it’s not a Midi Monitor button)

Is that it?

1 Like

@MartijnS You say you need to activate monitor because simply selecting the track no longer works ?

1 Like

Midi monitor
Record enable does not work I have to select the monitor button see picture. I checked the preferences but I must overlook something but I don’t know what after 20 years of Cubase, so strange

Record Enable allows MIDI thru?

1 Like

That was the trick record enable Midi thru Thanks a lot. It’s working like again. There must have been going something wrong with the preferences from 11 to version 12.

1 Like