Midi-note end BUG Clips keep looping!

Hello,

I’m having quite a lot of trouble with Cubase lately. I hoped it got resolved with the newest 6.5 update, but unfortunately not. I’m running Cubase 6.5 64-bit over a Windows 7 PC, the main synths I use are Omnisphere, Trillian and Massive.

What happens is that I compose a midi clip with a couple of notes for example with Omnisphere, but once the clip is finished the last note keeps looping and looping till I either turn down the volume or press STOP. This happens with all my VST synths I use, and both when the synths are loaded in VST Instruments or just plainly in the arrangement.

Does anybody have the same problem? Hope someone can help me out here, it’s starting to get really annoying with all the synth-notes looping around my music :frowning:

Thanks a lot! :smiley:

Are you sure there’s no sustain in the key editor? Any effect in your instrument or inspector could be causing this? Is it reproducible in different projects? Legato mode activated on your event? I have seen this before with no obvious culprit. Normally restarting fixed it.

Thanks for your reply!

I just checked it out and indeed, there’s unlimited amount of sustain on the last note in the key-editor. I edited it and the note stopped looping. There was only one problem, because a synth without any sustain in the key-editor also looped… have to check this out better, maybe it’s a different type of sustain in the synth.

Anyways this works for now, but I’m wondering; how did this ‘endless sustain’ got created?