When drawing midi notes, midi note lengths always snap to 1/128 despite checking that:
- Quantize grid length is specified (e.g. 1/16) in both the editor and the main project window.
- Snap setting is turned On.
I can demonstrate this problem in a number of ways:
- When using the Draw tool (aka “pencil”), click + hold dragging across a cell snaps the length in increments to 1/128.
- When using the Line tool, drawing a line results in midi notes that are auto-divided in lengths of 1/128.
- If I have a midi note of any length, using the feature “Quantize Lengths” results in the note being transformed to a 1/128 note.
Oddly, there seem to be a random set of quantize-related features that work properly. For example, hitting the “Q” button to quantize the start of a note works as expected and click + hold dragging a note around to change its position also snaps properly.
I should also note that this occurrence is project specific - some projects work completely fine as intended.
I’m thinking this might be a software error, but if you have any solutions I’d appreciate your answer.