MIDI Note Problem!

Hi, I am using Cubase Artist 6 and I am using the M-Audio Venom Synthesizer as my MIDI controller. Whenever I record a MIDI note using the Venom Synthesizer and go to look at the note that was recorded in the piano roll, there are 2 notes recorded instead of 1. One of the notes is stacked on top of the other. This affects my audio and asio output and usage greatly because for each MIDI note there is a second on top of it playing simultaneously. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am also using a Yamaha FC5 Sustain Pedal, which has caused malfunctions in recording MIDI.

Is Local set to off on the keyboard? Are you using the specific MIDI port for the device and not All MIDI Inputs?

Local is off, but I am using all MIDI inputs. I will make sure I change it to the specific one for my keyboard and see if that works. Thanks!

Local control on or off should not matter here - though it’s better to leave it off to avoid triggering double notes on the synth.

I wonder if the keyboard has some kind of dual split/layer function? You might find it’s sending 2 notes, on different MIDI channels, for each note triggered. I have an ancient Roland piano which does that unless I remember to turn it off EVERY time…