Midi Note Selection Seems Broken

Hello!

I’ve been using Nuendo since version two and I use midi a lot. I don’t recall now which version caused this but for me, suddenly manually editing midi is a bit of a nightmare.

It used to be inside the key editor that you could click anywhere on a midi note to select and move it. But it seems like maybe the ‘catchment’ area for notes are off vertically. Now notes aren’t selectable for half the height of the note. By which I mean if I click the top half of a midi note, nothing happens, I have to carefully move the mouse down to the lower half of the note to select or move it.

Clicking below the note in empty space also selects it. But this is infuriating when you’re trying to click a note and it selects the one a semitone above instead.

Is anyone else having this issue?

NOTE: Before sending this, I checked to make absolutely certain I’m not mad, and I’ve just realised the whole Nuendo interface has the same issue, whether it’s hovering over an event in the main window, or a dropdown in the inspector. It’s not my screen or the resolution, I’ve tried to accurately click many things outside outside of Nuendo, like the Preview and Submit buttons below this draft, etc.

Try hovering upwards to anything in the interface and see when it becomes active. For me, almost any button is highlighted a little bit before I reach it, and as the mouse cursor passes over it and gets to the top of whatever option/button, it becomes deactivated before the cursor leaves the object.

This wouldn’t bother me at all, except that it makes editing midi a huge and frustrating chore, with wrong notes being moved and tiny adjustments needed to get the mouse cursor in the correct place to select.

Any tips on how to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I cannot reproduce it here on my side. It works. I can click to upper or bottom half of the MIDI Note, to select it.

Is it depended on Vertical Zoom?

Could you try in Nuendo Safe Start Mode, please?

Hmm…Nothing like that is here. Hovering and selecting midi notes and other elements just behave as expected.

If you’re on Windoze, try re-installing your mouse. The driver(s) might be acting up.