Midi notes and changes on piano roll dont appear when drawn or modified

Hi community

I’m running cubase 10.5 on a windows computer.
The issue is in the piano roll. drawing notes, moving notes, changing length…all changes work as far as the sound is concerned but… the visual of the note moving or appearing when drawn, doesn’t happen at that moment.
it happens only on some projects and effectively makes them unusable!
it seems something is making the project unstable…even at early stages with mimimal cpu usage.

i can even hear the changes immediately when ‘acoustic feedback’ is enabled, but still the notes dont show as being in the correct spot or length

please help! i cant write music with cubase if it keeps doing this!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Are you sure, you draw the notes inside the borders of the MIDI Part, please? Could you attach a screenshot, please?

1 Like

Use LICEcap to create a GIF of the problem, then post it here.

thanks for the quick reply

i’ve made a gif.

here’s what happens in the gif section by section

1- moving note - it disappears for a sec

2-resize note- not showing size until finished moving, i cant get exact sizing this way

3-using arrow keys to move notes vertically- not visual of where its moving to, but the piano roll lights up

4-note has moved to new position horizontally, but previous note position still shown. it looks like there are two notes but only one is there. i repeat this and you can see two leftover notes.

thanks so much. i’m hoping its something simple. my system is pretty powerful. no overloads or crashes. this seems like a bug. it’s only happening on a couple of projects. i’ve tried importing all the events and mixer settings into a new project but it didnt fix it

sorry the gif i made is was too big and got rejected…tryting again
20220110_211517

Hi,

What graphic card do you use, please?

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?