MIDI Playback Highlights on the PianoRoll Keys/DrumPad rows?

Is there no option to have the keys become highlighted upon playback of MIDI data on those notes???

Hi,

As far as I know, you can’t switch the Virtual Keyboard colouring off in the Key Editor.

im saying, is there a way so that midi notes played via controller keyboard and or, notes in the editor, trigger the pianoroll keys to be highlighted while active? like in most things. like when I trigger a drumpad in groove agent, it is highlighted when played.

im saying, is there a way so that midi notes played via controller keyboard and or, notes in the editor, trigger the pianoroll keys to be highlighted while active? like in most things. like when I trigger a drumpad in groove agent, it is highlighted when played.

Hi,

Open the Key Editor. Then you can see the Notes, you are playing, are highlighted on the virtual keyboard (left side) of the Key Editor. Is this what you are searching for?

You can also insert a MIDI plug-in MIDI Monitor and see the list of the MIDI Messages.

We are talkin’ about 2 different situations here:

a) Live midi input: The live inputted midi notes ARE highlighted (in white), on the piano roll on the left in Key Editor.
b) Playbacked midi notes: these midi notes are NOT highlighted on the piano roll on the left in Key Editor.
Higlighting these notes is not possible.
Remedy (as Martin already stated): Insert the MIDI Monitor plugin on the Track and in that plugin, choose the option “Playback events”

Press Record button on piano roll editor and try

1 Like