midi problem w\Casio CTK4000

Hi everyone,
Bought the Cubase elements recorded successfully via Alesis IO2 audio (mic. and audio from the CTK keyboard)
I’ve tried following all the manuals/ tutorials: written and YouTube videos but no luck.
By the tutorial of the Casio CTK4000 I’m supposed to turn off the local and It’s done but that’s it - nothing more…
(BTW, with much easier program like Audacity I managed recording midi in no time)
In general, it doesn’t even recognize Casio in the list of the midi setup.
I’m terribly confused,
PLZ Help,
Thanks,
E v e

Hi and welcome,

The Casio is not in the list of MIDI Devices, if it’s not connected via USB to the computer. If you connect it via MIDI cable to your Alesis IO2, then the Alesis is the MIDI Input Port.

“The Casio is not in the list of MIDI Devices, if it’s not connected via USB to the computer.”- Sorry for the misunderstanding: the Casio IS indeed connected straight into the computer’s USB via midi cable, but is not presented in any list of midi devices in Cubase…
what can it be? maybe I should install some kind of a driver for the Casio to be recognized?

Sorry, I don’t know these CASIO devices. If they are not plug-and-play, then you have to install the driver.