MIDI remote devices spontaneously disconnecting on 12.0.30

Using Cubase Pro 12.0.30, two of my three MIDI remote devices spontaneously disconnect after just a couple of minutes. The MIDI ports are still active, and the MIDI devices are working. I can, for example, record notes and CC after the MIDI remote disconnect. But the MIDI remote manager shows that the devices have disconnected.

I am experiencing the same problem, usually after a few minutes, my nanoKONTROL 2 and Keylab MKII show disconnection. The solution is to restart Cubase.

After restarting, the MIDI remote device just disconnect again after a couple of minutes. They’re essentially unusable.

After removing all of the MIDI remote devices and re-adding them, this behavior seems to have disappeared.

Hi,

Are you on Mac or Windows? I haven’t experienced this on Mac.

If you are on Windows, which MIDI Driver Type do you use, please? Do you use the WinRT MIDI Ports?

This was happening on Windows using the Win32 MIDI APIs (not WinRT).

For the record, the last time I tried using Cubase with WinRT, Cubase would crash sometimes when un-muting MIDI channels. Maybe that’s been fixed, but since device identity is handled differently in Win32 vs WinRT, switching is a pretty big hassle.

Same here with BCR 2000.
Disconnect at remote but still the midi port is sending midi to cubase on an new midi track with bcr2000 midi input.
Hey steinberg please investigate!