midi script for yamaha 02r anyone know from where ?

Hi !
i am lookig for a midi script for yamaha 02r anyone know from where i can find one or even upload one ?
i want to intigrate my old 02r into my system extra i/o and as a daw controler to ease some load of my trublesome housten.
thans…
T

02r version 2
not the 02r96

I did a search and found the manual for the 02r version 2 in pdf format from Yamaha (I tend to avoid “manuals” sites).

You’ll find the MIDI Implementation chart on page 396, which should give you all the info you need. If you’re unsure of how to set up a device using this information I’m sure there are plenty of folks who can help. I don’t have much experience in that area, but I do know that this is the information you need in order to do so.

Hope this helps,

Chris

cheers for that.
i have that in hard copy…must say its not very good , very spartan in the way it explaines stuff.
but hey
thanks so much for your time.
best regards
T

Yeah, sparse is kinda the nature of midi implementation charts.

In taking a closer look at it, I don’t think the mixer will do what you’d like. Under Control Change (typically referred to as CC), you’ll see that while it responds to the messages, it doesn’t transmit them.

As I mentioned, I haven’t done much with setting up custom devices, but I believe that the typical implementation is that hardware controllers send the CC message when the faders are moved, and when receiving the message they’ll adjust the fader position accordingly. This is how, say, a Mackie MCU stays in sync with the Cubase mixer faders. Since the Yamaha doesn’t support sending CC messages, you’re not going to be able to use it as a fader bank.

You don’t shoot messengers, do you? :slight_smile: