Midi Transformer: block CC for certain time after note on

When playing EZdrummer with a Roland TD-17 I’m struggling with some artefacts on the HiHat. Some samples get cut off when moving the pedal, i.e. opening or closing the HiHat. The Roland sends CC 4 with the pedal movement and I found out that most of the problems come from CCs sent too near (in time) after a note. When those CCs are deleted the HiHat sounds nearly perfect.

My question: Is there a way to filter all CCs within a certain time after a certain note? Something like “Block all CCs within 20ms after note D0”. I fiddled around some time with the Transformer without success. Any hint or tip would be great.

Thanks!
Wolfgang

Hi,

You cannot use the time variable in the Input Transformer. You could use Last:
Type Is | Equal | Controller | And
Value 1 | Equal | CC4 | And
Last Event | Equal | MIDI Status | 144/Note On | And
Last Event | Equal | Value 1 | D0 | And

By using this, you would filter out the very 1st CC4.

Then you could count the CC4 events:
Type Is | Equal | Controller | And
Value 1 | Equal | CC4 | And
Last Event | Equal | MIDI Status | 176/Controller | And
Last Event | Equal | Value 1 | 4 | And
Last Event | Equal | Eventcounter | 5

…to filter out following 5 MIDI CC4 events, so in total you would filter out 5 MIDI CC4 events.

Hi Martin,
many thanks for that! Couldn’t get it to work up to now but I think that’s because of my lack of knowledge about the Midi Transformer :slight_smile: I will dive deeper into this today and give a short feedback afterwards.

Unfortunately I’m stuck.

Your first 4 lines select every CC4 after a note D0 until the next note on, not only the very first one (quintuple checked here and can’t find any mistake at my side). So I added

Last Event | Unequal | MIDI Status | 176/Controller

This works pretty well when using it within the logical editor but while playing the HiHat live it’s not as good as I was hoping. Well, so no EzDrummer for me…

Thanks again, this Transformer thing is obviously a very powerful tool!
Wolfgang