MIDI (VST) drum track to .WAV (can't seem to do)

Any tutorials that work for 10.5?

One video showed a ‘render’ to convert vst/midi into wave file. NOT in Cubase 10.5. So, looked at videos with editing and it’s ridiculously free to do all kinds of stuff and complicated as you want to make it. Which is gets.

But how about this, simply convert the VST/MIDI track into audio .wav file so I can work with it? Good grief!!! Can’t export it into wavelab cause it’s not a .wav file to be ‘found’.

Any videos or straight forward help welcome.

Personally I would just export normally (File > Export > Audio Mixdown) and then drag and drop the file back into Cubase. You could also try Render in Place (page 1014 of the manual).

What I do…

1. Dissolve parts to give each drum/cymbal irs own track
  2. Export each of the MIDI files to audio, mono
  3. Disable, then hide MIDI tracks
  4. Assign all newly printed audio drums to a sub group
  5. Treat and process as mic’d drums

I saw someone doing that and I couldn’t believe it? Thank you for this information but this is terrible! I’m considering using Cubase DAW as a sound generator, working with drums and sounds, on tracks, than record them unto a stereo track on a digital recorder. I can’t believe this. I am going to call Steinberg USA and see if they have a direct way to convert VST midi into audio .wav files? I will post what they say on this!

You can’t “convert” a VST track to an audio track, but “Render in Place” will with like 3 mouse clicks give you an audio track with the audio from the VST track. Can’t be much simpler than that!

Video

SOLVED! Thanks to all for feedback. It was 'Export to Audio" under File cause Cubase 10.5 LE does not have a ‘render’ but apparently ‘PRO’ does. But, what kept the whole thing from working was having backwards the beginning and ending points! (Didn’t know you could have them backwards) After discovering that it exported to audio file which, yes, I can use in the project.

(I AM WILLING TO BET THAT IT’S STRAIGHTFORWARD LITTLE THINGS LIKE MY PHOTOS SHOW, THAT FOULS UP MOST OF OUR EFFORTS IN CUBASE???) FRUSTRATING BEYOND BELIEF.

THANKS ALL!
cubaseforumrightway.jpg
cubaseforumwrongway.jpg