MIDI /VST/New CPU issue.

Ok I literally created a Forum profile to ask this question because I am so frustrated. I have searched and investigated for a solution but everyone has different set ups and I can’t find a solution to this issue that I have never had before.

First my new set up:

CPU:
HP Pavillion 595-p0084
3.5GHZ i7 processor
32GB DDR4 RAM
WINDOWS 10 (on a 130GB SSD)

Interface:
FocusRite 18i20 USB

Extras:
2TB Glyph SSD (for VST libraries)

Software:
Cubase 7.5
-ALL Synthology Pianos
-Garritan C7 (amazing BTW)
-all Chris Hein solo strings
-Spitfire Hans Zimmer piano
-Spitfire Orchestra
-EastWest HollyWood Orchestra Diamond (including all solo instruments / diamond choir)

MIDI keyboard controller:
Roland Fantom G6 MIDI out to FocusRite IN. FocusRite connected to CPU by USB.

Live play of VSTs, no latency issues whatsoever, sounds/plays great.

Issue:

I just set this rig up, installation of everything with the Cluster F iLok turned out to be (getting $200 out of me to “repair” my iLok key that worked JUST fine, but I digress)…

I loaded in Synthology American D grand piano, recorded a free (no metronome or quantization) lower piano accompaniment on track 1. Played it back, sounded great.

Recorded track 2 (same piano) melody, played it back and track 2 plays slightly before track 1 when I play back both tracks together.

Why is Track 2 out of sync? And out of sync BEFORE track 1?
And if it was a latency issue then wouldn’t track 1 have been “early” when played back just like track 2 and both would play together synced together?

I am at a loss as to what parameters to alter, would it be something to change in the FocusRite interface control screen? Or would it be something within Cubase under Device.

I’ve been using Cubase since 2012 and never had this happen before on my old Acer Desktop CPU and my old trusty M-Audio FireWire interface.

I upgraded everything because of the sound libraries I bought to record my project with.

Thank you to anyone who reads this and may have a solution. I honestly have been looking since last night for a solution and I’ve messed around a little with a couple things I’ve read on other forums but nothing has solved this issue yet. I do have all the latest drivers and updates on all hardware.

John :neutral_face:

1st post… WELCOME! :slight_smile:

This has happen to me before too but, never using the same VSTi and sound module. Usually my sync issues are between instrument and audio tracks but, I have had it between instrument tracks (using different VSTi) too. It does not happen every time and I guess it just depends on the VST and sound chosen.

So I don’t have a “fix” to prevent it from happening in the first place but… I do use the “Track Delay” function (found in the track inspector) to adjust the track as necessary to get them in sync.

Maybe someone else has a better idea. Good luck! :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

Ok well I somewhat fixed my “sync issue” by upgrading from 7.5 to 9.5, now if I free-play my piano part on track one, all my tracks after are synced perfectly but NOW I am getting some damn clicks and pops if play more than one VST and even if I play one of my Synthology piano patches (American D concert Piano for example) I will get to a point where it literally stops like it skips for a split second. What the heck do I do about THAT NOW? I never had any of these issues with my old M-Audio FireWire interface and Cubase 7.5 on my old crappy Acer desktop, I just plugged it in and composed masterpieces (:joy:) with NO ISSUES! Now that I have a really nice set up, I’m getting these problems and it’s killing my creativity having to be a tech wizard, which I am NOT.

Any suggestions I can try?

My specs again:

CPU:
HP Pavillion 595-p0084
3.5GHZ i7 processor
32GB DDR4 RAM
WINDOWS 10 (on a 130GB SSD)

Interface:
FocusRite 18i20 USB

Extras:
2TB Glyph SSD (for VST libraries)

Software:
Cubase 7.5
-ALL Synthology Pianos
-Garritan C7 (amazing BTW)
-all Chris Hein solo strings
-Spitfire Hans Zimmer piano
-Spitfire Orchestra
-EastWest HollyWood Orchestra Diamond (including all solo instruments / diamond choir)

MIDI keyboard controller:
Roland Fantom G6 MIDI out to FocusRite IN. FocusRite connected to CPU by USB.