Midnight EQ and Comp crashing Cubase 6.5

Greetings; I just installed the Focusrite Midnight eq and compressor (V1.3) on my DAW, and i’m getting bad crashes in Cubase 6.5.

Sometimes the plugins work fine, but about half the time they start cascading error messages as soon as i call up the EQW or the comp. I think it’s mostly when i use one of these plugins on a 2nd track insert slot, but not 100% sure about this.

My DAW is an 17-2500k, ASUS P8P67 LE, 8GB of DDR3, SSD system drive plus 3 SATA HDDs (1 for recording, 1 for samples, 1 for backup), RME Multiface, Cakewalk A-300 midi controller, Liquid Mix, Cubase 6.5 and Sonar X1 Producer Expanded (no crashes on Sonar so far).

Thanks.

Regards
Glenn

Is Cubase working fine otherwise? If so, why not contact Focusrite? It’s really up to plug-in developers to make sure their product works with Cubase, not Steinberg’s. Focusrite is where I’d start…IF that plug-in is the only one with problems.

Yes, everything else works fine.

Was curious to know whether anyone else had this problem.

Regards
Glenn

Got these today - free with Focusrite Saffire 6 from DV. I have Cubase 6 Artist and experiencing exactly the same thing. Anyone with any ideas?

I have the same problem.

Did any one get this sorted? I have had no reply from Focusrite

No one posting a complaint is saying they are running a particular OS with a particular bit rate. Off hand I am thinking all of you could be running Win7 64 and this is a 32 bit plugin offering. Or maybe XP 32 and this is a 64 bit plugin.

Try using Midnight Plugin suite 1.4 the latest version.

I am using Midnight Plug-in suite version 1.4, 64 bit. With Win 7, 64 bit and Cubase 6.5 and 7, 64 bit
it still crashers. If anyone else has the same problem do you run Powercore or UAD cards?

I have contacted Focusrite and they are aware of the problem. However, they seem to be under the impression that it is fixed, which it clearly isn’t. This is the only plugin that causes crashes in Cubase 6.5 and 7.01 for me.

the same by me… Cubase 10 64bit / PC win10 64 … superpower machine. Only midnight suite is crashing my DAW :frowning:

Yup. Same here. The funny thing is that the demo version worked, but after I activated it, that’s when the crashes started. I’m using Cubase 10 on Windows 64.