Migrating IO connections: Where are (Control Room) routing presets stored?

After searching the forum I couldnt see this (but of course could have missed it)

I tested profiles to see if they would be include Control Room routings etc; they dont
I did a quick scan of the user folder (ie created a preset with ‘piggy’ as name and did a search inside files ) and nothing turned up…assuming its the excellent xml interchange and not binary

I simply want to migrate my IO from C11 to C12…why could the world not learn from amiga (although apple did a little) from IFF so that any piece of info can selectively saved/loaded into the chunks of the file structure???
Another story

Any help appreciated…

You might find something here. I seem to remember there being a bit more detail in the documentation of previous versions (i.e. telling which file contained which settings) but you might be able to find something by making a change, then checking the last modification dates.

I agree this is a pain, but in theory, on first start, Cubase 12 should have automatically migrated settings from Cubase 11. You could try deleting the C12 settings folder and starting again, if you haven’t already done too much customising.

Thanks
Yep I had read that and some other bits elsewhere but there is no simple table of mappings as to what is stored where…that I could find.
I didnt think about dates…was just using keywords…duh :slight_smile:
Cheers

Hmm…date doesnt bring anything up…feeling dumb atm…for such a simple thing

1 Like

Still havent solved this…for everything except audio connections…

I think this may be incorrect

That only holds quantise references

Nor does this elaborate;

How can it be that hard to simply be able to migrate the VST audio connections along iwth the other connections in that common dialog???…seriously its getting really frustrating. I spent a lot of time in 11 getting it right. I have 2 networked IO eg RME800, all its analog and ADAT channels which are networked with ur824 as well as sometimes I plug a clarett on the ADAT_! of the RME. Its significant