Missing files Groove Agent SE after update and/or installing packages

Hi all,
me too had the Problem with this missing files after update to 10.0.50. When startet its missing
FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound
but
FCP_SMT_146_GA_Studio_Kit_Eco.vstsound
also is not there.
I found them in the folder
C:\Cubase\Steinberg\WIN64\Cubase 10\Additional Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent SE Acoustic Agent
I copied them into the folder where cubase is missing them. Ready, now cubase is not missing them
kind regards

With Cubase crashing all the time and after buying GA5 which was also really flaky (I had the same problems that you had above). I came to the conclusion that Steinberg cannot write software and so I have change to a different DAW (no crashes) and different drum VST (no crashes no missing files etc) and now instead of wasting my time trying to fix problems caused by Steinbergs terrible software and Yamahaā€™s terrible support (in Australia) I now play music - how novel! - Perhaps you might consider the same.

2 Likes

I have the same problem since I updated Cubase Artist 10 to version 10.0.60. Now, whenever I launch Cubase, the first thing it does is to pop up this message:

VST Sound Library ā€œGroove Agent SE Acoustic Studio Kitā€ not found:
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound

It seems a lot of us have the same problem. It would be great if Cubase could fix this.

I have exactly the same problem as above: Iā€™m on a Mac High Sierra using Cubase 10.0.60 and discovered that I canā€™t use Groove Agent Acoustic Agent: no soundā€¦
GA reports to me that LDW-China_Stick-Hit-Choke etc. is missing in sound archive: itā€™s not on my computerā€¦
I also checked in Steinberg Library manager
What should I do?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

GAse 5 is a mess here. When I try to load ā€˜The Kitā€™, I get a missing file alert, like over 8000 samples are missing. One of them for the kit is 157 I think.
I locate and scan for it, and try to put it in the library, and I get a ā€˜no action taken - the file is already in the libraryā€™ message.
I tried to scan the whole C drive for the missing files, and I get a complete lockup, have to use task manager to shut down, and then have to start cubase in ā€˜safe modeā€™.
Iā€™ve pretty much given up on Groove Agent.

I HAVE given up Groove Agent SE hereā€¦ Uninstalled it.

PS. And both Cubase 9, 9.5, 10.5 and Nuendo 10 even loads a bit faster :wink:

Iā€™d like to completely uninstall it, but I donā€™t know if some of the samples are cross referenced with other things, like Sonic SE.
I wouldnā€™t like to mess that up.
Iā€™ve got tons of softsynths that work without problems. GA se5 is the only one I have trouble with.

Currently, itā€™s missing 138 and 144, and I have no idea how to get those.
Iā€™ve looked pretty much everywhere for them and theyā€™re nowhere to be found.

Again, as I said before in this thread:
ā€œ You can follow the steps that sundqjan did on Aug 12. Or what I did. But you will need the full installer file.ā€

That should solve at least the cases where the same files are missing.

Scanning through this thread, there does seem to be a bug in Groove Agent SE. Iā€™ve installed all content files properly, and every once in a while (say, every 30th time I start up Cubase), Groove Agent will complain that itā€™s missing this content file or that. Nothing changed in my Cubase installation, the files are all exactly where they were before, and restarting Cubase a couple of times usually fixes this. So while there are lots of ways to get the content file installation wrong, even if thatā€™s done correctly, Groove Agent SE still loses its mind every once in a while. Hopefully the Steinberg developers can get to the bottom of this, itā€™s an annoyance.