Missing icons on MediaBay - Cubase PRO 9.5

Re: DORICO 1.1.10 - CRASH
Report this post

Okay, now I see, so you messed quite a bit with your installation
Well, it will (and does) work, but also for our product installers/updaters it will get difficult to keep everything on track and correctly installed.
Basically you can install Steinberg products wherever you like, but make sure you keep each product in it’s own folder.
Now you have Cubase9 and Dorico in the same folder side by side, which is not a good idea.
I have no better strategy other than uninstalling and reinstalling everything.
Or leave it as it is, it’s up to you.

The crashing you experienced should not be caused by the messed up installation, but I can’t be 100% sure on this.
It would be good if you could provide more crash dumps, rather than the old one from August.
Do you have any newer ones?

Good morning everyone
After this conversation yesterday with Ulf about Dorico; I downloaded all the Steinberg software from D: drive to the C: drive (all installed by the defaults rules) but when I started Cubase I gave up two icons on MediaBay (attached photo).
Does anyone have any idea where they went? Those zones are active and clicking on them fulfills their function; but before the icons were there and now they don’t
Have anyone suggestions?
Thank you in advance for the help you always give me.
Best regards,
To-coruche

Hi,

Linked issue here.

Thank you Martin, but I have done all advised and the pictures don’t return back. These files are already present in the path:

• C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 9.5\VST Sound\PAT_SMT_100_Content_Set.vstsound
  • C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 9.5\VST Sound\PIC_SMT_100_Content_Set.vstsound

What else can I do to bring it back ?
Sincerely,
To-coruche

What is the date of these files? When we they created?

Do you have any older Cubase version(s) installed?

Both from 22/11/2017. And I have Cubase Pro 9 too because Groove Agent SE 4 and Retrologue only being installed with that version.
I made an upgrade from V9 to V9.5; but yesterday I have to relocate all Steinberg software from drive D: to drive C: after advising of Ulf; and these modules at least don´t be installed by V9.5.
And probably tomorrow I will change my C: drive by another with more capacity.

The same issue reported here.